Van Dessel Full Tilt Boogie - Season 3

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

levels1069

by levels1069

I KNEW that I recognized your bike yesterday at Concrete CX. Great race man, I was on your right at the start on the C'Dale...I chased you for four laps and didn't make up any ground.

Rich_W

by Rich_W

thx man... and that was with a chest cold. I caught the leader on the third lap and was drafting him... but he got a slight gap on me between on the 4th, and I took some back on the 5th, but not enough especially dealing with lapped riders.

The FMB mud tires we're amazing... I was running sub 30 psi and hitting the roots section ever so gingerly.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Dr.Dos

by Dr.Dos

Cat 4?

Rich_W

by Rich_W

yup... while I may be an equipment nut... and pro wrench :thumbup: ... this was my 5th CX race.

Trying to get some clarity over upgrade rules on Cat 4 > 3. Not clear on USA cycling's site. I'm a 3 on the road.

Dr.Dos

by Dr.Dos

So I guess you cut your bread with one of these:

and when you're hunting mice in the attic it looks a bit like this:

Enjoy the season! :mrgreen:

Rich_W

by Rich_W

Now that is truly funny. Yes, homie needs a Cat 3 upgrade for CX... it's coming...

lordconqueror

by lordconqueror

i know that the least you need is a few mass starts to go from 4 to 3 (i'm a 4 on road but was able to upgrade to 3 based on the number of starts i had done).

plus, does your local series really have a USAC rep there scruitinizing what cat you enter? i know in seattle and surrounding areas the races are self-seeded (same for OBRA races, too).

Rich_W

by Rich_W

absolutely there is a USAC rep there... yesterday was at the Lehigh Valley Velodrome... we did the Nittany Lion course in reverse.

lordconqueror

by lordconqueror

well, i guess you'll be going for the overall in your local 4's series, then :)

Rich_W

by Rich_W

nope... done... Cat 3 now. Focusing on B-Masters when possible, otherwise Killer B's.

Rich_W

by Rich_W

Just built up this sweet 50cm Full Tilt Boogie for a team mate. Utegra 6700 drive, 7900 Chain, 7900 cassette, DA 7800 46T Cross Ring, Ritchey Cockpit, EvoCurve Bars, Flanders Yellow Eurox brakes, SLR Ti Rail Saddle, ATAC steel axle pedals = 16.9 lbs as pictured.

Attachments
ftb_50_1.jpg
ftb_50_2.jpg
ftb_50_3.jpg

Rich_W

by Rich_W

Well, coverage of the Full Tilt Boogie is really penetrating nicely. My google alerts have been lighting up all day with press mentions.

While I could not take the time from my day job to get out to the show -- several of the crew is out there. The guys at CX magazine stopped by the Interbike booth and apparently they're in-fighting over who gets to play with the one we sent them. And while I won't quote them directly... I expect they will spill soon a fantastic long term review on their site.

Cycling Dirt also posted an interview with interview with Edwin, owner of Van Dessel Sports on the FTB earlier today.

http://www.cyclingdirt.org/coverage/237613-2010-Interbike-Trade-Show/video/356992-Van-Dessel-2011-Cross-Bike

And I just found a great clip from our friend Lance @ TRP! Check out the new 950's!
http://www.cyclingdirt.org/coverage/237613-2010-Interbike-Trade-Show/video/356911-TRP-Cyclocross-Brakes-Dirt-Demo

Rich_W

by Rich_W

Some updates... #2 is built, Red Bar Tape, TRP 950's that replicate the upcoming 950SLs as I am using Jagwire Dura Ace type pad holders with orbital hardware for cantis. Also, I have a pair of REV30L clinchers for on-road training with Griffo XS file treads. For the trails, I use my Stan's ZTR 355's/Dura Ace hubs wheels with Hutch Pirannas

What do you guys think of the red cable housing? Yeah or Ghey?

Attachments
ftb_twins_1.jpg
ftb_twins_2.jpg
ftb_twins_3.jpg
ftb_matte_rev30l_training_wheels.jpg

limba

by limba

Too much color matching for me. I prefer basic black.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Rich_W

by Rich_W

Yep... I agree... the red cables and the yellow finishing tape need to go. Even the wife said it was over the top.

I will change tonight and update! :thumbup: