ENO single speed hub

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

breakjnky

by breakjnky

I was wondering if anyone has any race experience with the ENO hub. I am entering a SS race next week and want to make sure it will hold up ok. Since the inside of the hub can be adjusted, I am afraid I am going to hit a bump and have it slip on me suddenly. It would also screw up my rad paint job, which is completely unacceptable.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ronnie-the-scot

by Ronnie-the-scot

I used one for almost a year with no problems, Very good bit of kit

Griswald4x4

by Griswald4x4

I have used one in the past with success. Until that inevitable flat. A rear flat change involves not only unbolting the hub but also a retensioning of the chain at the hub, a bit of a tricky process. I have had better luck with shimano hollowtech type external eccentric bb units from companies like trickstuff (excentriker?) or forward components eccentric external bb.
Superflies!

520 Dan

by 520 Dan

Just make sure that the dropout is bare metal (not painted) and you should be good.

monty dog

by monty dog

IMO the ENO hub is a pretty robust - I have no concerns about durability. To minimise 'bump' adjustment of the chain tension and to ease refitting of the rear wheel set the hub such that the offset is behind and below the axle - when retensioning the chain, simply press down on the back of the bike - of course this means that you'll have to ensure your brake can be set up to accommodate.
Just ride