TRP Euro X Carbon question?

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

Is there any way to adjust the toe-in on these brakes? I seem to recall seeing a pad holder that adjusted for toe-in but can't find it. My brakes are howling on carbon rims. They actually scared me at the last race... along with anyone around me.

ms6073

by ms6073

I am pretty sure that TRP did not start including the adjustable pad holders until after the release of the EuroX Magnesium canti's so if you purchased yours prior to that, you do not have the adjustable pads. Good news though, you can purchase the adjustable pads by temselves. In the US, Cyclocrossworld.com as well as Ebay are a good source.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pharding

by pharding

The howling can be eliminated by cleaning the brake pads and the wheels.
09 Pinarello Prince
09 Cervelo P3
10 Stevens Team Carbon

derekshred

by derekshred

velo orange has a much more affordable version of the adjustable pads. Something like $15 a set. I'd recommend those as the best upgrade for your brakes.

coloclimber

by coloclimber

The noise isn't from dirtiness- its the angle and position. TRP and many others sell pads/posts with adjustment.
-Deacon Doctor Colorado Slim

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

Thanks guys. I am certain it is a toe-in issue. The front brake pads are touching the rim with the back of the pad first. I can't adjust toe-in. I'll look into the adjustable pads.

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

I received the Velo Orange adjustable pads. They are kind of a pain in the a$$ to set up in the TRP brakes. We'll see how they ride later.

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

The Velo Orange adjustable pads did the trick. They were inexpensive but a little bit of a pain to set up. Once set up though I don't think I'll have to move them again. No squealing since installation.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com