Aquaseal

Especially for light weight issues concerning cyclocross / touring bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

marko

by marko

Just a quick question. Does it contain Toluene? I have a tent seam sealer that is called Nas-Coat. It has an identical container to Aquaseal but has a Toluene warning and is flamable. I would think it's the same but want to be sure. I know aquaseal comes in a few other brands from it's parent company, but want to be sure I'm not putting something bad on my tires.

by Weenie

the Repeater

by the Repeater

Its just a volatile solvent. Aquaseal contains some volatile solvent, though I'm not sure if it's toluene.

Why would you care if it's flammable? After it dries, the flammable agent has evaporated.
Serious delirium.

marko

by marko

I don't care if has toluene or if it's flamable, I just found a bottle at home of what appears to be aquaseal in a cheaper package. Aquaseal has confirmed it's the same stuff, so for alot less money you can go to your tent store and buy it cheaper.

marko

by marko

I just got a follow up from Aquaseal that really don't even make the product in Aquaseal and I need to go to www.mcnett.com if I want the material data safety sheet.

CapeRoadie

by CapeRoadie

marko wrote:I don't care if has toluene or if it's flamable, I just found a bottle at home of what appears to be aquaseal in a cheaper package. Aquaseal has confirmed it's the same stuff, so for alot less money you can go to your tent store and buy it cheaper.

Yeah, Aquaseal is expensive! What's the name of the cheaper stuff, marko? Glad you posted this thread.
I love France. I just hate Toulouse. I'd really hate to lose le Trek.

marko

by marko

One of the re-badged coats is called NAS-Coat, available at most outdoors stores even in the UK.

CapeRoadie

by CapeRoadie

marko wrote:One of the re-badged coats is called NAS-Coat, available at most outdoors stores even in the UK.

Thanks, mate. Keep those tubs a-lasting....
I love France. I just hate Toulouse. I'd really hate to lose le Trek.

by Weenie