Sexy TRP EuroX brakes

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

rayhuang

by rayhuang

At only $55 a pair and barely $30 more than my CC SCX-5 brakes for the pair, I think they are a bargain vs Pauls. They feel solid when they hit the rim and look at all of that mud clearance. I havent raced or tested them yet mind you. Just installed today. Gave back the borrowed Paul retros and Tourings to my friend. The Pauls were awesome I must admit. These are lighter and drop further away from the rim for the same travel of the brake levers. Race report to come.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

seriousconsult

by seriousconsult

Do they have some sort of toe-in adjustment? I heard that the TRPs did, but not sure if this is just the top ones or what.

Also it is good to see they are cartridge. Are these just BBB generic pads?

rayhuang

by rayhuang

No toe in or height adjust, but yes on the $300 Mags. Pads were included and I dont know how well they work yet. Find out tomorrow!! Coursse will have a fast seep descent like last year so the brakes will get some hard use at least once a lap!!

More inof after the race. I am alreadfy thinking some Swisstop yellows, but well see how these hard feeling pads do in a race.

rayhuang

by rayhuang

What a race today. I got a great start and then got cut-off going into a uphill 180 off camber on lap 1 and flipped over when my foot caught the stick marking the corner. Grrrr.... Fought hard (on my SS against ALL geared bikes and damn good riders) and got back to 9th (out of 30 some) to have the front wash out going all out over a hay covered spot!!! Hit the ground so hard I basically had to Zone 2 it to the finish two grueling laps later. Super long run-up (bottom to the top of a big sled hill) just after doing two uphill 180 off cambers (on a SS mind you). Others were in 46/26, 42/27's!! I was in a 42/17.

OH-the brakes, didnt get a hard workout today, but great modulation and power when I needed it, even after a mud pit. No complaints so far.
OH and NO height adjust on the mags, just toe in via the trick pad holders. Those pad holders will be available soon as an option to buy!! I'll definitely get a pair for the front. Dot think I need them for the rear of this bike. Rear brake is fine.

rayhuang

by rayhuang

Finished the season on these brakes and though they never really got tested for power (no courses required massive save your life braking), they did work well. Modulation was great, set-up was easy as was maintenance.

Maybe for 2009 I'll invest in the TRP Mag pad holders to get toe in, but I didnt need it this year. No chatter with my EC90X fork and steel frame.

lancejohnson

by lancejohnson

Have the same gold TRP EuroX that are going on my Raliegh Ranier single speed. Got the pads with the toe-adjustment thought, can't pass up that feature when the alternative is bending the post with a wrench. The new shoes are a definite improvement, and yes, the brakes themselves are flat out sexy...

"Organization is for the simple-minded, the Genius controls the chaos." - Jens

FTM

by FTM

rayhuang wrote:Maybe for 2009 I'll invest in the TRP Mag pad holders to get toe in, but I didnt need it this year. No chatter with my EC90X fork and steel frame.
less of an investment

rayhuang

by rayhuang

wow-thanks for the link.

FTM

by FTM

Merry Christmas!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com