Dugast Base Tape Problem?

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

pioneer

by pioneer

Hi-
I'm having some problems with the base tape on my Dugast cross tires. When removing old tires I'm tearing off the base tape every time. Some times it just tears a small section, and some times the whole thing comes off. At the end of the season I don't really mind but I've got to rebuild some dented wheels, and the pair of brand new Dugast Typhoons that have 6 rides on them are now sans base tape. Does anyone have a suggestion for replacements? While I kind of expect to only get a single season out of the tires these are just too good to throw away or move to the training wheels.
The tires are glued and taped to alloy rims, with Vittoria Mastik One and the tape sold at Cyclocrossworld.com. Removal is being done by hand, and no matter how carefully or slowly I go it seems like the base tape always fails at some point.
Thanks!
JD

zank

by zank

JD, a budy of mine has sent some Dugasts to Tire Alert for tube replacement. The guy turns them around quickly from what I understand. I am sure he can do base tape replacement quickly for you.

www.tirealert.com

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

520 Dan

by 520 Dan

i completely tore a dugast from the basetape today during a race. I thought I rolled the tub only to stop and see the basetape firmly attached to the rim. I will be sending them to tire alert.