Ridley Owners - Help!

Especially for light weight issues concerning cyclocross / touring bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

My specs -
Ride a Paris Carbon 59.5, 59 top tube, 11 stem (probably will go back to a 12 over winter as I changed to a shallow bar with less reach) Mt inseam is a very long 92.7cm , but I am just under 6'1 in height....

2 dealers in the US told me I need a 58 Crosswind

Ridley emailed me back today and told me to get the smaller 56

Thanks...
Chris

by Weenie

koser

by koser

ok... here goes...

A 56cm i ridley terms are what others call a 60cm... their messure goes from midt BB to midt top tube and not to top of seat tube (..as everybody else) that´s why they suggest that you get a 56cm....
check out the specs on their web page... meaning the messures!

i ride 56cm c´dale (56cm m-m toptube) and have ridden 52cm cross ridley...(52cm ridley cross is 56 cm m-BB to top steat tube)

remember that your cross frame have a shorter top tube :D
In the movie "The Matrix", Chuck Norris is the Matrix. If you pay close attention in the green "falling code" scenes, you can make out the faint texture of his beard.

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

Thanks Koser...

I was figuring the same, but was looking at how much shorter the toptube is on the Ridley vs my Paris (59 on the Paris with a 12 stem and shallow drop bars) compared to the 56... Is it true that the total reach should be about 2 cm less on your crossbike than your road bike (and the bars higher as well) I was thinking the 56 toptube then with a Deda 12 stem and anatomic bars would give me sufficient reach?

Thanks for the help!
Chris

mosovich

by mosovich

I didn't go with a Ridley. I ride a 57 Orbea with a 57 tt. The ridley I would've ridden was a 54 with a 54 TT. Way to short, and a 56 I couldn't stand over.