Help me find a new frame

Especially for light weight issues concerning cyclocross / touring bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

RacerBoy

by RacerBoy

I need some help finding a new cross frame since I myself don't know what's hot and what's not in Cross... I'll be using it for som fall training and possibly a race or 2...

Mostly technical riding and it has to be small enough. My road bike is a Cannondale 48cm with a horizontal TT of 515mm, so I will want something pretty close to that.

I'm not going to throw too much money at this project so please keep the suggestions at a reasonable price level.

Guslo

by Guslo

Ridley Crossbow?

ciao!

by Weenie

elmar schrauth
Shop Owner

by elmar schrauth

kinesis

RacerBoy

by RacerBoy

elmar schrauth wrote:kinesis

Kinesis sounds interesting, links?

Not a big fan of the ridleys though...

CXF

by CXF

you say that you dont know whats hot and whats not. than you go on to say your a not a big fan of ridley's ?????? not only are ridley's hot (X, super, wind, bow) there the best. the kinesis may sound interesting but compared to any ridley its crap. go with a ridley, flanders, empella or a stevens
its cross season buddy

elmar schrauth
Shop Owner

by elmar schrauth

CXF wrote:you say that you dont know whats hot and whats not. than you go on to say your a not a big fan of ridley's ?????? not only are ridley's hot (X, super, wind, bow) there the best. the kinesis may sound interesting but compared to any ridley its crap. go with a ridley, flanders, empella or a stevens

what do you think who builts all these frames?

johanfl

by johanfl

Hi.
All the brands that are mentioned Ridley, Kuota, Stevens, Guerciotti are all exellent choices.
But if you are like me, not too keen on paying retail for the frames you have too look more to noname frames.
I can have look around if you like.
Guess you want the bike for the cross-cup?
Perhaps i'll see you at Tour de Ingarö...

//Johan

by Weenie

welcomdmat

by welcomdmat

You have a Cannondale for your road bike -- I have been happy with my CAAD 9 setup through the first couple of practices of the year. It may be worth a look along with the others.