Salsa Chili Con Crosso frame weight, Now with Pictures!

Especially for light weight issues concerning cyclocross / touring bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Thrice

by Thrice

Just got my new frame for this year. It is a Salsa size 55 which has a 58cm top tube. Frame weight (with all hardware) comes in at 1470g.

Anybody interested in a couple of IF frames??? I need to sell at least one of them before my wife finds out I bought another new frame!

I'll keep you posted on how the build comes out.
Last edited by Thrice on Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wicz

by wicz

what IF frames? i ride a 58cm on the road, so should be the same size. PM me.

by Weenie

Thrice

by Thrice

So here is my built up Con Crosso. Most of the parts are off my old frame with the exception of the fork, crank and seatpost. I'm still running DA 9spd for this year. Next year I would like to upgrade to Force/Red. (PM me if you have a Force/Rival shifters and r.der. your looking to get rid of cheap) The rest of the components are pretty basic, nothing too light or trick.

Notice the old school Sram Bass worm to help out the Ultegra derailleur.

Here's a shot of my modified Arione. I cut the tail off the saddle. It didn't do anything other than grab my shorts on those wet and muddy days.

Here's my trick to keep the brake hanger centered. I installed a small shaft collar on the straddle cable between the hanger and brake cable. No more misaligned brakes!

The bike weight is 17.4 lbs as pictured. So far I'm very happy with it. The Con Cross is 2 lbs lighter than my previous bike. It makes a huge difference!

JBV

by JBV

Looks good! How much weight did you save chopping the Arione, and what did you use to re-glue the cover? I think I can probably chop 1-2cm off the nose of mine as well, but I like your getting rid of that rear "point" to minimize shorts-catching (I've witnessed a World Champion catch his shorts, so everyone does it).

Shamus

by Shamus

Nice...I like it!
Hmmm...I have seen that kind of frame somewhere here also.... 8)

by Weenie

Thrice

by Thrice

I used regular contact cement to glue the cover back down. Glue it just like a tubular; one coat on the saddle and one on the leather. Let it dry a bit then stretch it tight as you stick it down.

I weigh the saddle next time I pull it off.