Shimano Dura-Ace 7800 chainring 46 !!!!!

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

Skyleth

by Skyleth

SvelteCycles wrote:
SvelteCycles wrote:
Romano wrote:Hello,

I notice all Rabobank riders use to the shimano 7800 outer chainirings but with 46 teeth and perhaps other (44/45...48...etc) but where can we find that ??? the smaller we can find is 50 teeth !!!

Is it a special "pro" equipement and only a dream for us ??? :roll:

Thanks for your help.
:D
Romano.

I am not sure but I think Mark McCormack had one on his bike(s) at the race this past weekend. I will ask him when I see him this weekend.

Justin

Well that didn't happen cuz I was to busy crashing into him in a first lap prime sprint. Mad Painful.

Justin

Yeah, that looked like it hurt, how did that end up happening? Hope you're recovering well.
Rule #1. Superheroes Wear Tights

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SvelteCycles

by SvelteCycles

Well that was a wierd thing. I didn't think I was sprinting against Mark McCormack. I thought the last rider I passed before the sprint held my wheel and I was sprinting against him, a junior rider. I led through the last turn and started sprinting towards the line. I felt the rider behind me begin his sprint on the left of me and I gradually but deliberately shifted my line from straight ahead to left trying to discourage the rider and get a little hesitation out of him, all the while thinking I was sprinting against this junior rider who I thought I would not be able to respond to my sprint... well it was no junior, it was Mark McCormack himself. Right when he really started to jump I was as far over left on the course as I could have been and we just ran out of room and into each other. BAM! It was awful. My front wheel ripped off and I went flying, sliding on my cheast. Mark wrecked behind me and looked pretty bad and was understandably upset. I don't think he expected such an agressive move from me in a sprint. I got up, removed my bike from the course and went right over to Mark. I felt absolutely awful to have crashed Mark of all riders. I told him I was sorry and after I said that he just got back on his bike and went on to win. I was DQ'd on the spot and made no protest and got out of Dodge fast. Regardless of what happened or who was behind me... I should not have come over to the left like that and will never use that tactic in the future. I called Mark later that evening and he was very receptive, polite and understanding.
Anyways...
I am doing better and thanks for asking.

Justin

choylifut

by choylifut

a candid and open admission of fault and regret. something the world could use a lot more of. way to man-up.

SvelteCycles wrote:Well that was a wierd thing. I didn't think I was sprinting against Mark McCormack. I thought the last rider I passed before the sprint held my wheel and I was sprinting against him, a junior rider. I led through the last turn and started sprinting towards the line. I felt the rider behind me begin his sprint on the left of me and I gradually but deliberately shifted my line from straight ahead to left trying to discourage the rider and get a little hesitation out of him, all the while thinking I was sprinting against this junior rider who I thought I would not be able to respond to my sprint... well it was no junior, it was Mark McCormack himself. Right when he really started to jump I was as far over left on the course as I could have been and we just ran out of room and into each other. BAM! It was awful. My front wheel ripped off and I went flying, sliding on my cheast. Mark wrecked behind me and looked pretty bad and was understandably upset. I don't think he expected such an agressive move from me in a sprint. I got up, removed my bike from the course and went right over to Mark. I felt absolutely awful to have crashed Mark of all riders. I told him I was sorry and after I said that he just got back on his bike and went on to win. I was DQ'd on the spot and made no protest and got out of Dodge fast. Regardless of what happened or who was behind me... I should not have come over to the left like that and will never use that tactic in the future. I called Mark later that evening and he was very receptive, polite and understanding.
Anyways...
I am doing better and thanks for asking.

Justin

2 wheels

by 2 wheels

Copied from his topic: http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... 170#386170
BORCHETTO wrote:I don't know if many bikeshops keep them in stock. But on the Wholesale website from shimano benelux dealers can order it. It is a 46 outer ring, with references to the 7800 10-speed group. It has a 130BCD, it's the same all the shimano sponsored pro's in cyclocross ride with. The product code is Y1F346000.

You can buy Y1F346000 in this Dutch webshop: http://www.bikestuff.nl/catalogus/index ... ts_id=5339
(They only ship to Dutch and Belgian adresses).

But I guess any Shimano dealer should be able to get it for you if you just say you want a Shimano Y1F346000 chainring.

Sven Nys' Rabobank Colnago C50 Cross http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech/2007/pr ... _c50_cross
The Belgian prefers a 39/46T setup , saying that the 46T big ring is tall enough for sprints but small enough for fast accelerations out of tight corners.

doubleD

by doubleD

Has anyone successfully bought one of these in the US.

trukweaz

by trukweaz

I have 2 of these sitting on my work bench. SAC has a few in stock...

bushyv

by bushyv

trukweaz wrote:I have 2 of these sitting on my work bench. SAC has a few in stock...

Whoa, no need to brag Kurty Pants...What/Who is SAC?

trukweaz

by trukweaz

not bragging BV, note Double D's question above mine...SAC is Shimano America Corp.

vwcx

by vwcx

It looks like Cyclocrossworld now carries a limited number of these chainrings if you're willing to pay the price:
http://cyclocrossworld.stores.yahoo.net ... 46toc.html