i know that the news are not as good as expected/promised for you guys, but i had an interesting meeting an hour ago.
1. material is alloy, can't say if scandium or not
2. colour was black anodised, the frame will come in black anodised or coloured in different colours(one colour per frame). stickers on the anodised frame can be removed easily.
3. sizes will be 53, 56 and 59 cm(center bb to top of seattube), the frame lookes slightly sloped, but since i just saw the naked frame, it is hard to judge. the 56 cm has a 53,5 cm top tube(measured along the top tube, so the horizontal will be a bit different).
4. the frame is for integrated headset. on their road frames they work with ritchey headsets, so i suppose there will fit ritchey as well.
5. cablery: rear brake cable is on top of the top tube(good for shouldering), with welded-on brake cable hanger(like e.g. ridley alloy frames, shifting cables are on the downtube(less curves for the cables, a bit worse for mud/water in cables at the front end of the bike, but better at the rear end, and good because you can ride a normal road front derailleur without pulley to turn the cable 180°).
6. replaceable derailleur hanger
so far very good especially for their first try with a cyclocross frame!
7. weight: the frame with anodising and stickers and rear brake bosses in size 56 was 1380 grams. out of my head the following to compare:
scott cx 1250 grams
ridley x-night 56 cc 1425 grams
ridley supercross 56 cc 1450 grams
ridley crosswind 56 cc around 1600 grams
in the 59 cm size the frame should be not more than 50 grams heavier.
what i saw today was a sample, they now mount the bike to check if everything fits, afterwards they will order frames. i have no idea how many...maybe if someone is interested, tell it, so i could tell them to order more than just like 10 for switzerland.
Especially for light weight issues concerning cyclocross / touring bikes & parts.
Moderator: Moderator Team
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Similar Topics
- Last post
- 8 Replies
- 779 Views
Last post by cerro
Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:30 pm
- 1 Replies
- 414 Views
Last post by ill principe
Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:00 am
- 9 Replies
- 1114 Views
Last post by Boshk
Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:22 am
- 26 Replies
- 2889 Views
Last post by eins4eins
Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:11 pm
Update: Rue Uberlight now 3,248 grams ( 7.15 lbs. )
Last post by donald « Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:34 amReplies: 24
Posted in Introduce Yourself / Gallery - Please use metric weights.by donald » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:23 pm » in Introduce Yourself / Gallery - Please use metric weights.
- 24 Replies
- 3740 Views
Last post by donald
Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:34 am