framesets similar to Giant TCX and Specialized Crux

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

prokyon

by prokyon

I'm considering a lightweight-ish CX/gravel bike build with lots of tire clearance and Giant TCX framesets are sold out until April-July 2023.

Is there some other frameset which is similar which I can get, like Vitus Energie Evo maybe (no experience with that brand)? Crux is great but really on the pricey side of things.

mogwaiboi

by mogwaiboi

I'm just about to start building one of these for commuting, travelling and light gravel https://flanderscycles.com.au/product/forte-frame/. A friend has one and he loves it! They are quite a popular bike here in Australia seeing as they are reasonably priced, a medium frame is under 1kg, clearance for 45c and a BSA BB.

You can get the same frame under a few different brands - Miracle Bike CX028 and Handsling CEXEvo. I contacted Miracle initially but never received a reply.
Canyon Ultimate CF SL
Canyon Grizl CF SLX
Open U.P.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

prokyon

by prokyon

Interesting - how are they interms of durability? Has anyone done any tests or reviews? Also wondering what dealing with warranty will be like if I do have a problem (I'm in US)...

mogwaiboi

by mogwaiboi

prokyon wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:00 am
Interesting - how are they interms of durability? Has anyone done any tests or reviews? Also wondering what dealing with warranty will be like if I do have a problem (I'm in US)...
It's apparently been tested by 2 cyclocross teams so you'd think it's as durable as anything else!
This is the previous version https://road.cc/content/review/258277-f ... e-frameset.
Yes that is always something to consider. I have 2 Canyon bikes which would possibly need to be shipped back to Germany if something went wrong...
Canyon Ultimate CF SL
Canyon Grizl CF SLX
Open U.P.