that "perfect" gravel bike

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

bigevil

by bigevil

Great thought! the specs on it are incredible btw. Do they offer w/o that suspension fork?

Miller

by Miller

nismosr wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:40 pm
Miller wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:46 pm
nismosr wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:59 pm
have you look on the Ridley Kanzo Adventure bike, i'm waiting for my frameset and will be building one with sram axs .
That's an excellent general purpose gravel bike, I have one, but I would not say it's a sharp gravel racer. It has the clearance and fitments to go adventuring on - hence the name. The frame is a Carbonda 696.
I actually got the newest version of the Kanzo Adventure ..not sure if thats the same one .
Prompted by your post I looked it up. The Adventure (new) is certainly not my bike. Looks very sharp.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ms6073

by ms6073

Since I am rather averse to purchasing complete bikes, I am liking the new Time ADHX frameset.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

robeambro

by robeambro

ms6073 wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:27 am
Since I am rather averse to purchasing complete bikes, I am liking the new Time ADHX frameset.
Whilst I love the aesthetics I wouldn't call it perfect - or even a gravel bike - with a stated 38mm clearance.
It's a pity since the frameset is relatively good value, but there's little that this bike can do that a road bike with cyclocross tyres can't.

smartyiak

by smartyiak

Anyone have thoughts on this:

https://www.rodeo-labs.com/shop/framesets/td4/

I just really like it. Meets a lot of OP's requirements, but not sure how light is can be built (specs say Med Frame is 1190 (+250g for hardware) and 495 for fork).

ms6073

by ms6073

I have been a fan of the trail donkey frames for a while but how little we actually go out for dedicated gravel rides, our open mold frames have served the purpose. Now if we were in the market for new frames today, I think the TD4 would fit the bill as the current batch of open mold gravel frames don't really fit our geometry requirements anymore.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

stevesbike

by stevesbike

robeambro wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:27 am
ms6073 wrote:
Whilst I love the aesthetics I wouldn't call it perfect - or even a gravel bike - with a stated 38mm clearance.
It's a pity since the frameset is relatively good value, but there's little that this bike can do that a road bike with cyclocross tyres can't.
in what world is a $3,700 frameset a good value? There are a ton of much better gravel frames at the 3k or under price point (aspero, Factor LS, crux) and all those actually fit gravel tires.

smartyiak

by smartyiak

ms6073 wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:30 pm
I have been a fan of the trail donkey frames for a while but how little we actually go out for dedicated gravel rides, our open mold frames have served the purpose. Now if we were in the market for new frames today, I think the TD4 would fit the bill as the current batch of open mold gravel frames don't really fit our geometry requirements anymore.
Is the TD4 an open mold? If so, what is the open mold name? Is it flybike/carbonda?

robeambro

by robeambro

stevesbike wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:57 pm
robeambro wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:27 am
ms6073 wrote:
in what world is a $3,700 frameset a good value? There are a ton of much better gravel frames at the 3k or under price point (aspero, Factor LS, crux) and all those actually fit gravel tires.
Firstly - UK Pricing is relatively better, £2791 (Circa 3200 EUR).

Secondly - I find it rather disingenuous to compare this frame to second tier options from Factor, Specialized, and Cervelo, when their top-tier models (Ostro Gravel, S-Works Crux, Aspero-5) are vastly more expensive.

VeloCris

by VeloCris

my diverge is awsome. 16.8 lb

bigevil

by bigevil

No way how you running it ?

romanmoser

by romanmoser

smartyiak wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:46 pm
ms6073 wrote:
Is the TD4 an open mold? If so, what is the open mold name? Is it flybike/carbonda?
Not at all
proprietary fork and frame
with plenty of nice features ( the choice on the same frame to go between fully integrated acr or semi integrated, the round seat post , the massive clearance, the durability of it by being light enough but not the lightest, the dynamo hub internal routing for cables etc )

They designed a nice bike
And have it made to great QC and quality from the pics I saw of the 3k inside of them etc
Clean as *f##k*
no wrinkles
no voids etc

smartyiak

by smartyiak

romanmoser wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:50 am
Not at all
with plenty of nice features ( the choice on the same frame to go between fully integrated acr or semi integrated, the round seat post , the massive clearance, the durability of it by being light enough but not the lightest, the dynamo hub internal routing for cables etc )

And have it made to great QC and quality from the pics I saw of the 3k inside of them etc
Clean as *f##k*
no wrinkles
no voids etc
Great info! I don't know whether to thank you or...I just feel my wallet opening and imagine how much lighter it will be :wink:

CampagYOLO

by CampagYOLO

romanmoser wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:50 am
smartyiak wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:46 pm
ms6073 wrote:
Not at all

Clean as *f##k*
no wrinkles
no voids etc
That rear drop out looks really interesting. Looks like you could build the thing to be single speed if you wanted.

smartyiak

by smartyiak

A few things I found...then I'll quit buggin y'all:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CklvLvwOZwy/?hl=en
"We aren’t a weight weenie company here at Rodeo. Never have been, never will be. But Matt weighed his TD4 + all of the accessories and it came out exactly the same weight as his S-Works Venge."

and this is just cool:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Ckb9dVvrFGD/?hl=en

Sorry...I don't know how to post pics.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com