New 2023 Diverge

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Omg its here, it looks like a prototype tbh

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

cyclingtips has some pics too

they should just throw a battery in it and call it done
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

RDY

by RDY

Hilarious. Video that James Huang of CT posted of the seat tube moving looks like Quagmire (of Family Guy) doing his giggidy thing.

Recalled before it's available for sale?

Nick38

by Nick38

I'm a big fan of Specialized bikes in general, I own two Diverge models, future shock 1.5 and 2.0 fitted, they are so comfortable (now I'm in my 50's!) this new model really looks like a lot of over engineering! Don't think I'd like to feel that flexing away under my bum! :shock:
Very strange design IMO won't be getting one anytime soon :roll:

Nick38

by Nick38

Decent video on it here.

https://youtu.be/AFP5qxGYhcw

They chat with designer. Comes with two seat posts with different flex!!! System adds 400g too :unbelievable: OUCH!!

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Wasn’t it just easier to design a seatpost that act’s as a shock. Just set it the the right pressure and problem solved. Or am I missing something?

maquisard

by maquisard

It seems over-engineered, another thing to break.

I owned a Diverge until I sold it and bought a Crux. My main reason for doing so was the Futureshock. It did help comfort but I didn't like the clamping mechanism and the entire thing just seemed vulnerable to failure.

smartyiak

by smartyiak

maquisard wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:01 pm
It seems over-engineered, another thing to break.
Reading this article:
https://www.bikeradar.com/news/2023-spe ... verge-str/

This is exactly what I thought...there's a LOT of stuff going on here...and I don't mean that in a good way. I'll just stick wiht a flex seatpost, carbon bar, and bigger tires at lower pressures.

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

I'm sure people will buy this but I've no idea who or why especially given the RRP
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

CampagYOLO

by CampagYOLO

I know that usual response from some people to gravel bikes is "just buy a hardtail" but in the case of the new Diverge, I'm just not sure what it does that a hardtail wouldn't be better at? A hardtail would have less proprietary stuff on it for one.

At the RRP you can get a hardtail that is lighter and cheaper then this Diverge or get the Crux, it just doesn't make much sense to me.

RDY

by RDY

Btw the entry level model (€7.5k) has an NX Eagle cassette :)

Broady

by Broady

Certainly not for me, just seems like more things to go wrong down the line. Surprised they didn't make some kind of cover for it, looks bizarre as is.

jayjay

by jayjay

The best thing is still the SWAT storage in the downtube. I wish more brands would offer something like that :)

spartacus

by spartacus

CampagYOLO wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:27 am
I know that usual response from some people to gravel bikes is "just buy a hardtail" but in the case of the new Diverge, I'm just not sure what it does that a hardtail wouldn't be better at? A hardtail would have less proprietary stuff on it for one.

At the RRP you can get a hardtail that is lighter and cheaper then this Diverge or get the Crux, it just doesn't make much sense to me.
How many times have you seen someone on a hardtail drop a field of drop bar bikes in a gravel race?

The riding position and geometry is not the same.

It's not the same kind of bike as a MTB.

Stop comparing apples to oranges.

robeambro

by robeambro

jayjay wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:51 pm
The best thing is still the SWAT storage in the downtube. I wish more brands would offer something like that :)
I wish they'd start offering it on aero bikes as well. Not having to carry a saddle bag will improve aesthetics and they can claim it will save 1 or 2w at 45km/h..

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com