Ride Farr mini tri bars

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

tarmackev

by tarmackev

do any of the gravel folk on here use clip on tri bars?
I'm looking for something minimalist, I've pulled the trigger on these https://ridefarr.com/product/farr-carbo ... olt-on-v3/

I had a good look around and couldnt find anything lighter or closer to what I wanted.
Worked out cheaper buying direct from OZ rather than using the UK site.
Looking any the RideFarr page they have some very cool bars, a shame the ones with built in aero bars are so heavy.

blaugrana

by blaugrana

These look way too small to be useful, in my opinion. This is basically a slightly safer version of the now banned "phantom aero bars" position, but what makes the biggest difference and allows the aero position to be comfortable and sustainable is having elbow pads just below or very close to you elbows (hence the name). If the only part that supports your arms is very far from the elbow, you have to use arm and upper body strength to support your weight, so for anything other than short efforts at high power, small bars like this are almost useless.

On the other hand, with full size aero bars with properly set up elbow pads, the position is very stable and requires very little strength to mantain, so you can relax your torso and ride on the aero position for much longer. This is why aero bars are used so much in ultra endurance and bike packing events, because other than giving you free speed, they can be very comfortable as well.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

djel

by djel

I've bought the Prime Noosa carbon clip-on with the riser kit for my gravel bike build.

They're also on the shorter side, but with the riser kit and the pads they should be comfortable.

tarmackev

by tarmackev

Thanks for the replies, I’ll see how I get on. I used to use Spinacci’s and had no problems but I’m aware these are shorter.
Reviews say they work better than you’d expect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

markdjr

by markdjr

I have the Farr clip on that I put on a flat bar gravel bike and felt like it was a benefit. PRO makes one similar that is slightly larger that I would have gotten had it been available at the time. I can't find a link to it but saw it on bikerumor or somewhere similar. The Prime Noosa looks pretty good, I may give that one a shot.

*edit* found a pic, was on Pete Stetina's bike.

Roadbiker10

by Roadbiker10

markdjr wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:29 pm
I have the Farr clip on that I put on a flat bar gravel bike and felt like it was a benefit. PRO makes one similar that is slightly larger that I would have gotten had it been available at the time. I can't find a link to it but saw it on bikerumor or somewhere similar. The Prime Noosa looks pretty good, I may give that one a shot.

*edit* found a pic, was on Pete Stetina's bike.

Do you know what that Pro one is called? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Does anyone know wether the Ride Farr alloy integrated bar works with a standard mount? Their own mount is ridiculously expensive. 100 euros only for the computer mount.
Scott Addict RC 20 2021
Ridley Kanzo Adventure 2022

satanas

by satanas

That Pro bar might well be a prototype - I couldn't find any sign of it on Pro's dreadful website.

FWIW, something like Spinacis plus flat top aero bars with gel pads under the tape (like Fizik) isn't uncomfortable for reasonable distances, but for very long events proper aero bars should be way better. I'm not sure what the rules are for the various ultra-endurance events, but for PBP any aero extensions aren't permitted to extend forward of the brake levers, and drafting-permitted triathlons may be similar(?). :noidea:

tarmackev

by tarmackev

My RideFarr bar has arrived.
It's a nifty bit of kit, very light.

I've been looking for some minimalist elbow bads but cant find any. I dont want to pay for the RideFarr ones as they're very expesive. I'm thinking of using a 31.8 clamb of some kind and bolting a pad on to it.

Roadbiker10

by Roadbiker10

Does anyone know wether it's possible to use a normal bar mount on the alloy integrated bar? I am using a bolt V2. I mean other than mounting on top of the stem.

I wouldn't mind a stem mount but the problem is that you can't use a light or camera underneath.
Scott Addict RC 20 2021
Ridley Kanzo Adventure 2022

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tarmackev

by tarmackev

Well I've risen them a bit. Having gone from regular TT bars to the ride farr bars I defiantly wouldn't get them again.
There really is very little difference betwen riding on your hoods. I'll be moving them over to my MTB and buying an Ali Expeess carbon mini TT bar, pffff, I might even just stick with my regular TT bars.
For £100+ I can't recommend the smaller Ridefarr bars.