Continental Grand Prix Urban

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

skom25

by skom25

Hi,

I am looking for tires for my Gravel bike. Currently I have Tufo Gravel Speedero 40c ( real 42mm), but I moved to the urban area and there is no need to have so wide, quite heavy tires with even small tread.

I thought about Continental GP5000, but I prefer little wider tires than 32c. With ~35c I will inflate tires to lower pressure and bike will look little less "stupid" without big empty space around frame and fork :roll:

I found GP Urban, but information in Internet is very limited. There is an review on Bike Rolling Resistance site, but I also want to hear real opinion of users.

frnchy

by frnchy

Had a pair on my commuter bike for a little while. They rolled well but I got rid of them pretty quick because I had 2 flats in the span of 100 miles, which is >10x the rate of flats I've had with any other tire (and one of the flats was a HUGE gash which almost instantly deflated the tire - scary!). More importantly, they're not tubeless, and any tire larger than ~32 mm is better tubeless.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Marin

by Marin

Gravelking 35 slick? Very fast tire. Needs to be ran tubeless

CampagYOLO

by CampagYOLO

Honestly, if you use the numbers from BRR then the Speedero is a fast tyre that doesn't give up much rolling resistance to even good quality road tyres.

I'd stick with what you've got and enjoy the comfort from 40mm tyres.

skom25

by skom25

Thank you for replies!

After short crisis related to pressure/ speed, I went back to pressure I like the most. I lost about 1-2 km/h on straight roads, but comfort on 40c is worth it. In the end ride flow is much better, so Average Speed did not fall too much.