Exploro Ultra

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

flashpunk

by flashpunk

Wondering if anyone has gotten their hands on one of these?

I used to own a gen 1 Exploro but there were a couple details about the bike that really bothered me:
- the floating bolt on the fork
- the floating derailleur hanger
- the seat tube

The Ultra seems to have at least fixed one of these problems. But im wondering about the others, and also wondering about the weight.

ghdana

by ghdana

Having my shop build me one up since they've only gotten framesets so far. Sticking 1x so I can use the max tire clearance down the road.

Wanted the Ultra because of the standard seat post and I'm thinking I may want some fat 650bs when I move someplace where it rains more and is colder. Haven't seen it up close build up yet, just tried out a Pro to see the sizing.
7.7kg Allez Sprint
9kg Exploro Ultra

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ghdana

by ghdana

I'm curious if anyone else has an Ultra and what the stock seatpost is. I smashed mine right where it enters the seat tube. The carbon was very thin on 2 sides of it, so when I got back on the seat on some singletrack my ass hit the seat and the post just snapped. The replacement seatpost is the same thickness the entire inside and it has an alu clamp.

However I picked up a very cheap used XPLR AXS dropper seatpost anyway, which is kinda dope, although the drop isn't huge on that and my legs aren't super long so it is just good enough to get out of the way when I'm standing a little bit so I don't think I have the same worry.

7.7kg Allez Sprint
9kg Exploro Ultra