Trek checkpoint 2022 framesize

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

Casio20

by Casio20

Hi I'm 182cm and can get a frameset of 52cm
I've seen the top tube is quite long and therefore consider even this small size, what do you think?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

boots2000

by boots2000

What is your saddle height? I am 178 and ride a 54- a lot of post/mast showing. Mine lots quite sloping and mtb-ish (though I like that). I could not imagine riding a smaller bike. I have a 100mm -10 Pro stem and only 5mm of spacers.

jemima

by jemima

On these modern long-reach gravel frames that are designed around using a short'ish stem [in many cases], I find it best to know your saddle-to-bar distance.
Curve Grovel ti.

Fisherfreerider

by Fisherfreerider

What is your saddle height? Trek list the max in the 52cm SLR to the rails at 70.5cm. That is with the long mast cap.

jch3n

by jch3n

Stop sizing this like a traditional road bike. As jemima mentioned, the long top tube/reach is intended to be run with a shorter stem (on trend with gravel bikes gravitating toward mtb geometry). There's almost no way in hell you should be riding a 52cm, unless you've got some really unusual body proportions. Along with the seat mast being possibly not long enough, I'd imagine stack would be quite short for you too.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Omiar

by Omiar

Im 184cm and have a 56cm frame and fits perfectly. I wouldn't base my choice on the 'Effective top tube' lenght.
Cannondale SystemSix R8170
Trek Checkpoint SL5 MY2022