Arm warmers

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

bobrayner

by bobrayner

Are there any weight-weenie favourite arm-warmers?

Obviously they don't have to be gravel-specific. My use-case is quite conventional - long gravel rides, cold start in the morning then take off arm-warmers (and maybe gloves) as the day gets warmer. According to the computer, my last ride went from 7°C to 23°C in the first three hours!

What has the best warmth:weight ratio? I've shortlisted Assos Evo7, but are there better options?
Sent from my computer using an internet browser.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

havana

by havana

Rapha Pro Team are pretty light and quite thin, which I like.
Editor-in-chief CycloWorld.cc - the largest database of gran fondo's and sportives in the world.

CustomMetal

by CustomMetal

I like the rule 28 ones.. aero 👌
Allegra- Steel Lugs TBC
Aurelia- Stainless All Road 8.5kg
Bertha- TT 9.8kg
Perdita- Ti Turbo bike 8kg
Serenity- Ti Gravel 9.5kg/8.9kg
Verity- Ti Aero 8.2kg
Alya- Ti Climbing TBC

All weights with pedals,cages & garmin mount

Tifosiphil

by Tifosiphil

Le Col ones are quite nice and fleece lined which I'm using at the moment.

Hard to get bad arm warmers just look for a good gripper/elastic at both ends and a good fit. Previously used Nanoflex, NoRain and the Rule28 ones and all have been good

MrRolandos

by MrRolandos

bobrayner wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:50 am
Are there any weight-weenie favourite arm-warmers?

Obviously they don't have to be gravel-specific. My use-case is quite conventional - long gravel rides, cold start in the morning then take off arm-warmers (and maybe gloves) as the day gets warmer. According to the computer, my last ride went from 7°C to 23°C in the first three hours!

What has the best warmth:weight ratio? I've shortlisted Assos Evo7, but are there better options?
I got Evo 7 leg, arm and knee warmers. They're perfect but a bit warmer, I usually grab them in de 10-13C range, for temps above that, I use the arm and leg foil. Lovely products

ricerocket

by ricerocket

Castelli Nanoflex ones, useful in both dry and wet. Keeping the rain off is the best weight savings.

LouisN

by LouisN

After trying Sportful Fiandre, I didn't lime the fit, and found them bulky. I returned them to the store and bought theses:
https://www.karpos-outdoor.com/CA/fr/Fe ... 8_187_52_L
Pretty pleased with them. I wore them for a few cold rides, I just forget I wear them.Not water proof though.
Louis :)

jfranci3

by jfranci3

I'm not a big fan of the wind/water proof ones because they are too bulky, bunch up, and you might as well wear a jacket. These are the best out there - https://www.zensah.com/products/sun-sle ... 5664953862
From the same company that makes those running calf compression socks. Not bike-specific, but work like bike stuff.
Similar in thickness to the Castelli thermoflex stuff /non-windproof winter tights / yoga pants, but block more wind and provide a bit more warmth with the tighter weave. These are warmer than every long sleeve jersey. Pack down well, Breathe, stay in place, don't bunch up, come in every color, never wear out. Wide temp range - maybe 10c- 25c. Combine these with a Castelli short sleeve mid-thermal jersesy and you're set for a dry spring day
The knee warmers are good too.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bobrayner

by bobrayner

Thanks! Some amazing arm-warmers!
Sent from my computer using an internet browser.