Time ADHX

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

Kumppa

by Kumppa

Semi and fully -integrated systems
38-40 mm tire clearance
1025g (SM, ready to paint)
Bio-Based Dyneema x RTM.

Looks like it's build around their road bike with integrated cabbles and bigger tire clearance. (Alpe d' Huez X)

Frameset 3799$ / 3499 €

https://www.timebicycles.com/products/adhx-frameset
Last edited by Kumppa on Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:43 am, edited 4 times in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Knightyboy27

by Knightyboy27

Tyre clearance leaves much to be desired.

With the new S Works Pathfinder coming in at 42mm, you're already ruling out possibly one of the fastest tyres for a lot of situations!

That aside, it looks/sounds amazing!!

mrlobber

by mrlobber

The cable integration looks to be through the headset, the same which Orbea is using.
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

Love it, geo looks unworkable for my knackered back though :roll: Was hoping for a little more stack/less reach
Last edited by bikewithnoname on Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

RDY

by RDY

It's just an AdH with splayed seat stays and fork, and a different layup and DCR.

Hence why only 40mm clearance and identical geo.

I suspect Rossignol may have canned their gravel project and this is what was rushed out by new owners.

It would make sense to update the AdH with the same DCR front end and lighter layup.

Hopefully Scylon replacement is actually a new bike.

This certainly isn't a gravel bike in 2022 - maybe CX. As such it's pretty disappointing.

But DCR (a good common sense and easy to work with CI solution), new layup with Dyneema, very nice paintjobs all bode fairly well for the company's future. Though I dread to think how much the Scylon replacement is going to cost, with how expensive this is.

Solo77

by Solo77

Aimed firmly the All Road/Fast Gravel market. Price is certainly good againset the likes of the similarly pitched 40mm clearance and close geometry Cervelo Aspero 5 frameset @£3999 for a far eastern producced pre preg frame compared to a all in house produced eouropean manufaturer.

xrs2

by xrs2

RDY wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:30 am
It's just an AdH with splayed seat stays and fork, and a different layup and DCR.

Hence why only 40mm clearance and identical geo.

I suspect Rossignol may have canned their gravel project and this is what was rushed out by new owners.

It would make sense to update the AdH with the same DCR front end and lighter layup.

Hopefully Scylon replacement is actually a new bike.

This certainly isn't a gravel bike in 2022 - maybe CX. As such it's pretty disappointing.

But DCR (a good common sense and easy to work with CI solution), new layup with Dyneema, very nice paintjobs all bode fairly well for the company's future. Though I dread to think how much the Scylon replacement is going to cost, with how expensive this is.
I am very excited about this bike -- in fact so excited that I bought one of the first to come out of the factory (it has not arrived yet).

I disagree that this "isn't a gravel bike in 2022." Unless you are riding it like a mountain bike -- in which case one would have a lot more fun on a mountain bike -- 40 mm is more than adequate for nearly any gravel road and some trails.

I always think it's funny seeing a bike with 50 mm tires on the road. For most people "gravel" and light trails represents far less than half of their total miles just because of the availability of gravel roads to ride on. For me, at least, I've never felt the need for more than 36s or 38s.

I do wish they would have built it with a more upright geometry though -- crashing around on back roads for 10 hours in a race position isn't incredibly efficient

velocipedeimp

by velocipedeimp

It's a different frame. They didn't just take and slap a different wider backend on the frame. And the geometry isn't even close to the same as the AdH01 or AdH21 frames. Teh Xl size (mine) the ADHX is 581 ETT vs 590 ETT for the AdH frames. Plus the front end is now DCR ready/compatible. The AdH frames are not. The requires new molds and tooling. Also, This frame was started right after the company was bought last year. I've known about it since the summer but didn't know the name, geometry or full details, just that a gravel bike was in the works. The were finishing the testing over the winter for an early spring launch.

Personally, I love it. Love the colors, the design, that you could do 1x or 2x. That they use the SuperBox stem (LOVE this). And most people who do gravel bikes run 35-40's. I have not sold a single 700c gravel tire over a 40. 650, yes, 42s. But that's it. I have a few Wilier Rave SLR bikes incoming, both have 38's on them (GravelKings).

As someone who sells Time Bikes in the shop, I love this frame. Can't wait to get ours in (I have an XL on order personally).

FlatlandClimber

by FlatlandClimber

Knightyboy27 wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:29 am
Tyre clearance leaves much to be desired.

With the new S Works Pathfinder coming in at 42mm, you're already ruling out possibly one of the fastest tyres for a lot of situations!

That aside, it looks/sounds amazing!!
Especially since many tire will be there.
The 40c TerraSpeed might just fit, the 40c Challenge Getaway is 42.5mm on 25mm internal hookless.
The 42c ones are usually closer to 44 on a modern rim.
Cervelo P5 Disc (2021) 9.1kg
Factor Ostro Gravel (2023) 8.0kg
S-Works SL8 (2023) 6.3kg

*weights are race ready, size 58/L.
Sold: Venge, S5 Disc, Roubaix Team, Open WI.DE, Émonda, Shiv TT, Crux, Aethos, SL7

AJS914

by AJS914

I love the way it looks. To me it's more of an all road bike than pure gravel bike. I wonder if the designers ever rode terrain where wider tires were faster? I lived in NM and rode tons of gravel. The fastest bikes in often sandy conditions were Salsa Cutthroats with 65mm tires.

I had a Crux with 38mm tires and often felt like I didn't have enough bike for the conditions.

meditationride

by meditationride

Read the articles and saw pictures in mid april. I also love the looks and that green! Ordered mine (size small) and hoping mid june delivery!

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

AJS914 wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 2:49 pm
I love the way it looks. To me it's more of an all road bike than pure gravel bike. I wonder if the designers ever rode terrain where wider tires were faster? I lived in NM and rode tons of gravel. The fastest bikes in often sandy conditions were Salsa Cutthroats with 65mm tires.

I had a Crux with 38mm tires and often felt like I didn't have enough bike for the conditions.
Agree, a gravel should be made to handle more rough. Many of these so called gravel bikes are nothing more than a road bike with some more tire clearance.
I expect something that goes beyond Open U.P these days....
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

Anyone ridden one of these yet?
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

meditationride

by meditationride

Hoping soon. Frame arrived at lbs 2weeks ago, only being held back by lack of grx di shifters.
Stock in canada for shimano is very poor. rumors are that shipments to canada get rerouted to bigger markets (us).

meditationride

by meditationride

Early impressions after 100km of road riding only. Adhx with aeolus rsl 37v wheels and 30c gp5ks
Frame shipped mid June but two additional months for a grx di2 shifter from shimano Canada.
Previous gravel/all road bike was ridley xtrail.
Compared to previous, it doesn't feel that much different. Perhaps a tad more comfortable and quicker off the saddle. The color tinged clearcoat is gorgeous and very high quality. No voids, no irregular finishes around hardware, no creaks. Usefulness wise, it doesn't have threaded holes for fenders. For the route I ride on, half road/half trail approx 4hrs total it's perfect.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com