Lynskey GR300 Project

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

Thanks for the heads up. I usually have several hangers at my disposal, but that's mainly because most Trek bikes share the same hanger. I did carry a couple of spares with me, when I did Unbound, just in case.

I have also decided to look at some other Ti frames, including the Litespeed Gravel Pro (which has a gemoetry very similar to my Crockett, at least in terms of reach and ETT). I'm still weighing options, but Lynskey's prices are pretty good and make it tough to pass up.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

froze

by froze

I don't think going to 6/4 TI is a wise investment decision, not saying it's bad stuff, but you need to understand the differences between that and 3/2.5, but before you scream at me, please read this:

https://www.spectrum-cycles.com/materia ... 0the%20two.

You can save yourself some serious change by going with 3/2.5, maybe put the extra money into better wheels, or maybe pay off a credit card or reduce a car loan, or add to a retirement fund, or mad money.

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

Thanks for the tips. I went ahead and ordered the frameset, this morning. I'll start a new thread with the build-up once it arrives and I'm ready to put it together. It won't be a full WW build, but it'll be nice (in my opinion).

Bikenerd71

by Bikenerd71

JGolds and thewoodsman ... great post, very inspiring. Helped me solidify my choice between Giant Revolt Advanced Pro and Lynskey GR 300 to the later.

I am currently riding a 2010 Canyon Ultimate CF with Campangnolo Chorus groupset, UST suspension seat post, mavic rims. I love this bicycle, and altough I use it for light gravel as well, I want to be able to go more rough gravel going forward.

Titanium wasn't at all on my radar. Until I went to one of the local shops and found out owner has a Lynskey. Loved the look, no paint, durability. Frameset $ 800 less than Giant Revolt.

Next I did test rides to narrow down groupset. Shimano GRX Di2 and 2023 Ultegra ergonomical okay, all other Shimano products not working for me. SRAM Etap - great ergonomics, great shift logic, questionable durability. Campa Ekar: For me perfect ergonomics (of course I am using Campa since 1998), very light, available, 1 x 13, good price.

Remaining components choosen with weight and price in mind. Trying to stay below $ 5000 for base bike, plus $ 1000 for second set of wheels.

Here BoM

[img][/img]

QUATITE

by QUATITE

I am building up a similiar bike! Hoping a new fork will mean I don't need riser stem/bars necessarily, and of course that will allow me to put on some slick fenders. Replacing the current rack with a tubus at some point as well.

JGolds

by JGolds

QUATITE wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:15 pm
I am building up a similiar bike! Hoping a new fork will mean I don't need riser stem/bars necessarily, and of course that will allow me to put on some slick fenders. Replacing the current rack with a tubus at some point as well.
That's a beauty!!! I see you have Rene herse on yours? I just replaced my Conti 5k with Barlow Pass Rene herse but my rear one won't hold air for more than a day. Kind of a struggle to be honest. My front one has no problem. I run tubeless and use Silva in my front and orange in the rear. So not sure if it's because of that or I just got one tire with too narrow of side walls. I have tested the hell out of them on sharp rocks and no punctures. It just slowly looses pressure. I can loose 15 psi on 1 ride. I start at 49psi and on one ride ended in the 30s.

What's your experience with the Rene herse?

One more note, careful on the amount of spacers between the head tube and stem, Lynskey advised 35 mm max.

Also, just to provide an update on my build, I ended up damaging my rear rim because my heal got stuck between the wheel and chainstay( don't ask how🤦🏻‍♂️). The spoke are into the carbon. In either case, Zipp honored the warranty and gave me a new rim within a week. They did reuse the hub but I can't complain. Very impressed with that warranty where even if it's your fault as long as you are riding a bike as you should normally ride they got you covered.

QUATITE

by QUATITE

I haven't had issues with mine yet, but I have only put 200 miles on them or so. I am also running with a tube. They are extremely comfortable but just touching them makes me anxious they are so thin. They definitely lose air sitting, but mine not anywhere close to yours. We will see how long these run, but I think I will replace them with something more durable next, on the hunt for something that is still supple and relatively light but with more meat.

Thank ou for the heads up on the spacers. Currently thereis just one spacer under the stem, but my next fork I intend to use more so that is a great reminder.