Chainline Red AXS dub 1x and Garbaruk 44t

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

eugenefirestone

by eugenefirestone

Hi,

I am looking to change my apex 1x gxp crankset 42t on my Basso Tera, to Red AXS dub crankarms with a Garbaruk 44 or 46 tooth chainring. The clearance between chainring and chainstays are not that good. I think it will be ok with the same chainline and an 44t ring. But not much more. The apex crankset has a chainline of 45,5mm. The red AXS dub 1x has a chainline of 45mm. The Garbaruk chainring has an 6,5mm offset. But I haven't fund the offset on the Red chainring so I don't know have to compare the two.

Has anyone here this combo or the Red cranks and can give me som more info? I have reached out to Garbaruk but has yet to receive an answer. It would be kinda boring to buy the parts and change the BB just to find out it won't fit.

cerro

by cerro

I've used that combo on my Factor Ls and will use the combo on my new gravelbike in a couple of weeks. Got a 46t Garbaruk on now and seems like the chainline is more like 47mm but not so easy to measure on my bike with BBright and not a round seattube in the middle.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

eugenefirestone

by eugenefirestone

That is good to hear. I think it will be ok with the 44t ass long as it isn't less than what it is now. Not sure absolut the 46t. How is it to ride with the 46? I am going for an 10-42 cassette. Have you tried the 44 as well? Not sure if I need the top end or not. Will be setting it up as an n=1 bike. Even tho I have other bikes.

cerro

by cerro

Been riding with 10-45, 10-44 and 10-36 cassettes with both 44 and 46t. 46t and 10-36 feels great for my allroad riding, for my dedicated gravelbike 44t and 10-44, and now on my winterbike 44t and 10-45.

Mostly depends on how you ride, and where. I'm always riding a single chainring up front and after many years with it I know what I need :)