Cane Creek seatpost eeSilk Carbon

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

kilo

by kilo

hello, does anyone use the Cane Creek seatpost eeSilk Carbon? I would like to know the actual weight of 27.2 and the seatpost feedback. I am thinking about buying for my gravel

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

froze

by froze

I don't use that seatpost, but all the specs I've read says it weighs 290 grams, even if the manufacture is off I doubt it's off by more than 10 grams.

Do you need that sort of suspension system? or would a something with a bit less suspension but works great on road bikes against vibration and minor bumps that weighs less work for you? Something like the Canyon S15 VCLS 2.0 CF seat post that weighs 220 grams work for you just as well?

kode54

by kode54

I had the original eeSilk that was heavier and ended up taking it off and going back to a rigid post. I weight about 67kg and a friend also has one but weighs 96kg and loves it. Also, the type of gravel you're riding on...more technical, its probably worth getting...hard pack gravel and fire roads, maybe not.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

Karvalo

by Karvalo

kode54 wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:21 pm
Also, the type of gravel you're riding on...more technical, its probably worth getting...hard pack gravel and fire roads, maybe not.
On genuinely technical terrain I'd go for a dropper over a suspension post any day. The eesilk for me would be more for long hours on vibratey type surfaces, but YMMV.

kode54

by kode54

Karvalo wrote:
kode54 wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:21 pm
Also, the type of gravel you're riding on...more technical, its probably worth getting...hard pack gravel and fire roads, maybe not.
On genuinely technical terrain I'd go for a dropper over a suspension post any day. The eesilk for me would be more for long hours on vibratey type surfaces, but YMMV.
I’m sure it’ll smooth out washboard but suspension stem is what I need more for that.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc