Lightweight wide saddle recommendations

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

LanceLegstrong

by LanceLegstrong

I'm looking for a light saddle for my Crux build. Have a Power Mirror on the road bike and it's the best saddle I've ever ridden. Now that they have 2 versions, would you guys opt for the carbon rails or ti rails for CX/gravel? It's around a 60g weight difference. But mainly I'm worried about carbon rails for CX remounts. I'm big at 85kg and I know it's not a full jump but I don't get it perfect every time and worried I'd snap the carbon rails at my weight. Are the ti any stronger?
Specialized Tarmac SL7
Specialized Crux
Velobuild 168
Trek Checkpoint ALR

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Usernamealex

by Usernamealex

LanceLegstrong wrote:I'm looking for a light saddle for my Crux build. Have a Power Mirror on the road bike and it's the best saddle I've ever ridden. Now that they have 2 versions, would you guys opt for the carbon rails or ti rails for CX/gravel? It's around a 60g weight difference. But mainly I'm worried about carbon rails for CX remounts. I'm big at 85kg and I know it's not a full jump but I don't get it perfect every time and worried I'd snap the carbon rails at my weight. Are the ti any stronger?
I weigh 95kg+ and have used carbon saddles for years with no issue. You're good.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

kode54

by kode54

Vik61 wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:37 pm
yourrealdad wrote:
Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:11 pm
The Bjorn looks interesting but probably weighs the same as the sworks and is way more money. Plus I don't know if it fits.
Not the same weight.
3D printed top cover saddles:
S-works Power - 205 g
S-works Romin - 185 g
Setka - 135 g

Bjorn Sedlo (without 3D cover) - 90 g
How was your test on the Sedlo? I'm interested in the Setka...and currently riding a Berk Lupina on one bike.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

Vik61

by Vik61

kode54 wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 9:13 pm
How was your test on the Sedlo? I'm interested in the Setka...and currently riding a Berk Lupina on one bike.
It's pretty good in feeling, but it's no all ok with surface structure. I have some troubles with bib's scratches by 3d cover.
Jump to traditional (non 3d). It's very comfortable for short rides, but too firm for long (over 2 hours) rides.
Canyon Grizl
Trek Supercaliber