HG freewheel body for Fulcrum Rapid Red 5 DB wheel

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

NickJHP

by NickJHP

I have a set of these wheels with XDr freewheel body, and I'd like to fit an HG freewheel body instead. You can buy the Rapid Red 5 DB wheels with a HG body already fitted, but when I have a look at the current compatibility table on the Fulcrum website (https://campagnolo-cdn.thron.com/static ... 7Z3WLV.pdf), I can't see which of the HG bodies there is compatible with my wheels. Does anyone know which of the HG bodies is the one I need?

NickJHP

by NickJHP

Well, to answer my own question, I contacted Fulcrum - they responded that the RO-113 freewheel body is what I need, and that they will be amending their compatibility table to include the Rapid Red 5.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

NickJHP

by NickJHP

A further update: I received the RO-113 freewheel body that I ordered based on their reply, and it is not the correct body for the wheel. When I removed the existing body, I found that the Rapid Red 5 DB uses a 15mm axle, and the RO-113 is for wheels with a 17mm axle. So I've written back to Fulcrum again indicating this, and asking what is the required freewheel body. After my initial query they updated their compatibility table to say that the RO-113 is the correct HG body for the Rapid Red 5, but this is plainly incorrect.