Specialized Crux 2016 rear problems: third party dérailleur hanger?

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

LouisN

by LouisN

I have a feeling Specialized forgot something when engineering the rear dropouts of their 2016 Crux. Like using 11S drivetrains. I read somewhere that this system was only compatible with Roval 135 mm TA wheels. Anyways, what I experienced (with 11S) with the Bitex hub Is when the axle is tightened the lock ring is totally blocked on the inner part of the hanger. I sanded the whole part that was in contact with the lockring (more than 1-1.5 mm) That included the fixing bolt! That took care of the blocked cassette problem. Second problem is with the lower part of the hanger. Since it's placed too much inside, the hanger itself (and the RD fixing bolt) gets in the way when the chain is on the 11T cog. That part I didn't sand not to compromise shifting quality and solidity. I had To settle by blocking the lower limit screw to the 12T.
So my question is do you think I can find a third party hanger That would be engineered better a little further outside, at least the lower part ?
Louis :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cerro

by cerro

There is a non-SCS hanger for the bike that is flat on the inside.
https://www.specialized.com/us/en/2016- ... 753-176273

LouisN

by LouisN

Oh ! Since I don't know wich hanger was originally on the Crux, I'll definitely try to get our hands on this one, and try. Thanks cerro :beerchug:

Louis :)