WILL SRAM AXS XPLR will work with 10-33 cassette???

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

WorkonSunday

by WorkonSunday

Duke890r wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:28 pm
Why should it not work with 10-28/10-33? Smallest cog is the same and also xdr-cassette
as cerro said the gap between largest cog and pulley will be too large. to go into abit more details, generally if the pulley wheel is too far from the largest cog, then the chance of the chain jumping behind the cassette will increase, especially on uneven road surface. the rear mech parallelogram path is generally design for specific cassette ratio. abit like you try to run a 11-25 with a shimano long cage rear mech. yes, the smallest cog is still 11T, but at the larger cogs, the shifting wont preform anywhere near as good as it is intended. :beerchug:
Some say pour 10ml water out of your bottle to save that last bit of the weight. Sorry, i go one step further, i tend to the rider off my bikes. :thumbup:
n+1...14 last time i checked, but i lost count :mrgreen:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LD001

by LD001

Thanks for clarifying this. Sounds logical. At the same time: I have used a 11-25 Shimano cassette with a long cage derailleur without any noticable issues.

zscs

by zscs

I have a 1st gen Canyon Inflite AL CX bike that I upgraded with Red eTap in mid of 2016. I used to use it as a 2nd road bike with fenders but last year I started to use it as a 'gravel' bike. (Honestly, I like it more and more.) :)
The bike has 50/34 at front and a 11-28t Ultegra cassette at rear. I played around with it but 28 is the maximum cog size where shifting quality is acceptable (with B-tension screw, 30t would be so-so OK as I found but shifting quality drops noticeably).

Since most of the time I use the big 50t chainring only (even on steep climbs) I figured out, what if I would upgrade it to an 1x11. First, I will buy the updated Red eTap derailleur (which has 11-32t cassette capacity in 2x11 system): https://www.sram.com/en/sram/models/rd-red-e-a2

So my imagination would be to use a narrow-wide 44 or 46 chainring together with my old 11-speed 10-42t XX1 (MTB) cassette but I'm aftraid this would definitely not work. :) Do you have any experience / idea what would be the biggest cassette that I could use?

(I spent a few days for research on the Net but nowadays everybody buys 12-speed AXS Rival or Force systems it seems...)