Are there WW-approved clip-on extensions for Gravel?

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

FlatlandClimber

by FlatlandClimber

Hey there.
Winter is coming and that means more gravel riding for me.
I currently ride an Open WI.De, which I'll be keeping as my "off-roader" and bike packing option.
A crux is coming my way, and with a few long distance Gravel events on the plan, I am really sorting my setup rn.
I started using Out front extensions a few weeks ago and man, they are great. They are not necessary, I know, but it's just super comfortable when you have a few longer straights, on either asphalt or hard pack, and you can just put your head down, put the pressure off your hands and also go quicker per watt.

Currently, I am running the profile design system for Gravel (https://www.profile-design-eu.com/colle ... -ergo-45ar) that comes in at 545g, is made from aluminum, had worked very well for me so far.
The fit is a little so so, with my forearms being a little too long for the extensions, but nothing terrible.

I am wondering if you know of a similar system, but significantly lighter? Anything you would recommend?
I actually like this "kitchen sink" style of aerobars for off-road, but a standard system would also be okay.

I've had a look at a few products, but nothing convinced me so far.
The Enve clip on bars are full carbon, not kitchen sink style, and still come in at 525g.
I found the very light FSA Mini TT Clip-On (375g), but they look minuscule. As if my hands would reach super far beyond the end of them...
So that's why I wonder if you know a similar system, but lighter.
Thanks!
Cervelo P5 Disc (2021) 9.1kg
Factor Ostro Gravel (2023) 8.0kg
S-Works SL8 (2023) 6.3kg

*weights are race ready, size 58/L.
Sold: Venge, S5 Disc, Roubaix Team, Open WI.DE, Émonda, Shiv TT, Crux, Aethos, SL7

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com