Anywhere with DT Swiss Ratchet N3W freehub in stock?

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

NickJHP

by NickJHP

I have a spare pair of gravel wheels built on DT Swiss 240 hubs (Ratchet, not Ratchet EXP), and I've been hunting for the N3W freehub body to fit on the rear hub (part number HWYABL00S2992S, according to the DT Swiss website). Everywhere that I've looked is out of stock. Does anyone know where it can actually be purchased?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

gorkypl

by gorkypl

Nowhere, checked too. Availability around December - January.

Fuji Cross 1.5 - Shimano 105 5800 | Cinelli Superstar Disc - Record 12s | Custom steel Karamba - Ekar 13s

wltz

by wltz

Been looking for one for 6 months, in the end gave up on Ekar.

NickJHP

by NickJHP

That is not actually a ratchet freehub for the 240s. This is the 240s freehub they sell, but the Campagnolo versions are for 9-12 speed only, not N3W: https://ffwdusa.com/product/parts/dt240s-cassette-body/.

robertbb

by robertbb

In the same boat dude.

I wonder what material the N3W body is made of? If it's improved (aka: steel) I'd be far happier than if it's a notch-prone aluminium.

Any ideas there?

gorkypl

by gorkypl

There is almost no problem with notching of Campagnolo hubs (be it Dt Swiss or any other manufacturer). Campy hub design is just better than Shimano - deep profiles allow to spread the load over bigger area.

Fuji Cross 1.5 - Shimano 105 5800 | Cinelli Superstar Disc - Record 12s | Custom steel Karamba - Ekar 13s

robertbb

by robertbb

I have a heavily notched DT240 (non-EXP) Campagnolo rear hub in my hand that would suggest otherwise.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

gorkypl

by gorkypl

I just checked my spare 350 freehub that I used for several thousands kms and almost no dents there. Maybe yours was not torqued to specs? 40Nm is quite a lot.
Regardless of the above, I doubt Dt Swiss have changed anything regarding the alloy the N3W freehub is made with...