Which versatile CX bike should I buy?

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

expatscot

by expatscot

Karvalo wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:36 am
NLC86 wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:00 am
Crux is something I was considering, but there is no stock of the S-works frameset mainly because in a few weeks will be presented the new model which, as you can read in an another thread, is more a gravel racer rather than a CX bike.
The current S-Works Crux frameset strikes me as a colossal rip off given that it is exactly the same as the frameset that the Specialized Crux bikes are using - they're all Fact 11r with an S-Works fork. The basic Crux complete bike is £400 cheaper than the S-Works frameset, and you can sell all the parts off it, buy a carbon seatpost and decent BB and you'll have the same thing.
I thought there are separate Specialized and S-Works versions of the Crux (and Aethos) - the Specialized ones are full builds and slightly heavier, whereas S Works are frameset option (at least here in the UK)
Look 695 aerolight eTap 11
Boardman TTE eTap 11
Brompton S2 LX ti custom
Trek 5500 1994 Sram Red 10
Boardman CXR9.8 eTap 11
Open UPPER - DA 9270
Ridley x-fire Sram Red 10

and lots of non- WW others.

Karvalo

by Karvalo

expatscot wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:20 pm
Karvalo wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:36 am
NLC86 wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:00 am
Crux is something I was considering, but there is no stock of the S-works frameset mainly because in a few weeks will be presented the new model which, as you can read in an another thread, is more a gravel racer rather than a CX bike.
The current S-Works Crux frameset strikes me as a colossal rip off given that it is exactly the same as the frameset that the Specialized Crux bikes are using - they're all Fact 11r with an S-Works fork. The basic Crux complete bike is £400 cheaper than the S-Works frameset, and you can sell all the parts off it, buy a carbon seatpost and decent BB and you'll have the same thing.
I thought there are separate Specialized and S-Works versions of the Crux (and Aethos) - the Specialized ones are full builds and slightly heavier, whereas S Works are frameset option (at least here in the UK)
Look at the date. The current Crux then is the old Crux now.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com