I need help in recognizing this frame's factory

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

watchfella

by watchfella

Hello!

Can anyone recognize from what factory made this Basso frame, I am quite sure I have seen it on alibaba or some Chinese site but can't find it...

Also please share your opinion on what's the best chinese gravel frame under 1000eur as it's very possible I won't be able to buy this frame from China, thanks!!

DrimeOser

by DrimeOser

Hi there, you can scratch that Basso from your list. Basso makes their frames in Italy.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RDY

by RDY

It's made in Italy.

But Light Carbon have something relatively similar looking.

DrimeOser

by DrimeOser

M suggestion: hunt down a used Cannondale SuperX frame. You won't find better geo or performance from any other frame on the market and since it is labeled as CX, it comes really cheap as it is untouched by the Gravel hype. No reputable Chinese manufacturer will sell you a brand frame unbranded through the backdoor anyhow. Thus, you would be left with house brand or open mould frames.

OnTheRivet

by OnTheRivet

watchfella wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:16 pm
Hello!

Can anyone recognize from what factory made this Basso frame, I am quite sure I have seen it on alibaba or some Chinese site but can't find it...

Also please share your opinion on what's the best chinese gravel frame under 1000eur as it's very possible I won't be able to buy this frame from China, thanks!!

That frame is more of a cyclocross frame than most cyclocross frames. Super high BB, ridiculously low stack, that thing would seem great on a cross course, not sure I'd want to spend 7 hours in the dirt on that and I come from a cyclocross background.

Karvalo

by Karvalo

I'd wager the majority of gravel riders out there will rarely if ever go for a 7 hour off road ride. A lot of people do want gravel bikes that are just like cross bikes with bigger tyres for short and fast rides - see the huge popularity of the Cervelo Aspero. You're right about the BB height though, that's just weird.

itsacarr

by itsacarr

Just here to bump the facts. Definitely made at Bassos factory in Vicenza. Arguably a pretty fun, racey frame but definitely aggressive. A new Palta is on the way though.

Not sure in regards to an open mold frame rec though.
Just ride ..

nickf

by nickf

I did the CX bike thing for a couple of years. With the high bb and long trail measurement it didn't have the best road manners.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com