2022 Scott Addict Gravel

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

henau212

by henau212

I've seen an Addict Gravel 20 here in Germany. Really love that bike. It was a steal for 3.000€ (before the raise, 3.200€ now). But they are rare.. And the 2022 is sold out over here. Couldn't find a single dealer who was still able to order a 2022 model over here.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Happybiker

by Happybiker

My Addict Gravel just arrived today. Have any owners figured out a way of mounting mudguards?
The Syncros ones don't seem to offer much coverage and I can't see any in stock, never mind the price...
I'm thinking of using a Cannondale adjustable mount but eyeing up the picture it looks like it might not be deep enough height wise?

https://www.google.com/search?q=cannond ... e&ie=UTF-8

Any ideas?

ChrisRideLog

by ChrisRideLog

Mine Gravel 30 has arrived at my LBS. I ordered it in August and actually only wanted a frameset but as the complete bike is way cheaper than the frameset, I went for the compete bike.

Will pick it up the next days and see whether I'll keep it and costum build it up or let it go again.

TLa

by TLa

I couldn't get an Addict gravel frame (sold out for the rest of the year), so I just bought a Metrix 10. This is exactly the same frame.

I'll be stripping it and building it up with a DI2 GRX I already have.

This was also the cheapest way to get this frame.

Just need to wait a couple of weeks until the proper stem arrives.

OnTheRivet

by OnTheRivet

TLa wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:34 pm
I couldn't get an Addict gravel frame (sold out for the rest of the year), so I just bought a Metrix 10. This is exactly the same frame.

Smart move. Interested to see how this buils up and really curious about the frame/fork weight

TLa

by TLa

I'll try to remember to put in on the scales when I build it up.

ChrisRideLog

by ChrisRideLog

I received my Addict Gravel 30 as well and I was also only in the frame interested. As the HMX frame set will be likely slightly lighter but cost tremendous more and I didn't like so much the black / white paintjob I went for the complete bike in green paintjob. The paintshop is of high quality and looks quite good. Once I have all parts available for the build up, I'll measure the weights of all individual items. For the bar and stem I did it already in order to decide whether I'll keep it that way or will change it.

It is a bit of a shame that the stem weights so much as I find it visually quite appealing - there is also a nice integrated gps mount available for - and I would have been fine with only swapping the handlebar. Right now, I'm thinking to go for the Syncros Creston Gravel Cockpit but this is quite expensive and availibiliy in my size not given at the moment.

TLa

by TLa

You could use the stem of a normal Addict RC, but then you need a different handlebar with hole in the middle (that's what I'm going to do)

ChrisRideLog

by ChrisRideLog

TLa wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:43 pm
You could use the stem of a normal Addict RC, but then you need a different handlebar with hole in the middle (that's what I'm going to do)
Thanks for the hint. Based on the weights given on the Scott homepage the Addict RC 1.5 stem (240g) is even 10g heavier than the one I got with the bike (230g).

billythestickboy

by billythestickboy

Very interested to see the metrix and 30 frame and fork weights if you could stick them on some scales.

I had the same idea with the metrix. I was hoping the frame would be more matt than gloss finish though.

ChrisRideLog

by ChrisRideLog

While waiting for parts coming in I (almost) completely stripped down the frame and did the math:

The frame is size 58/XL and from the Addict Gravel 30.

The weight for the frame includes all bottle cages screws and the front derailler mount:

The weight of the uncut fork includes the expander:

I weight all other parts as well:

The stem and handlebar is made like a tank...

Given the price and the size of the frame the result is considerable good. I guess I was lucky as usually the bike doesn't come with the tapered thru axles but mine came with it maybe due to a shortage of the non tapered version at this point of time.

billythestickboy

by billythestickboy

You are a legend, thanks so much.

That's actually lighter than I was expecting for the frame and forks. Very tempted now

rainerhq

by rainerhq

ChrisRideLog wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:39 pm
I guess I was lucky as usually the bike doesn't come with the tapered thru axles but mine came with it maybe due to a shortage of the non tapered version at this point of time.
What are tapered thru axles?
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride"

ChrisRideLog

by ChrisRideLog

rainerhq wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:04 am
ChrisRideLog wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:39 pm
I guess I was lucky as usually the bike doesn't come with the tapered thru axles but mine came with it maybe due to a shortage of the non tapered version at this point of time.
What are tapered thru axles?
The diameter of the thru axle is reduced in the middle in order to save weight.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

billythestickboy

by billythestickboy

TLa wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:34 pm

When do you get your metrix? I'm really interested to see your build when you do it