Specialized Terra CLX vs CL Wheels....

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

Unbrokenchain

by Unbrokenchain

Looking at these wheels and trying to justify the $1100 difference. Does anyone know if the rebranded specialized/roval hub on CLX is a 180 or 240? And is it really that far superior to the 350? Besides hub the price also includes the the aerolite spokes on CLX vs competion which to me doesn't seem like a big difference. I welcome any opinions.
Thanks

cerro

by cerro

240 on clx, no ceramic bearings. I've been using Terra CLX for over a year now and really love them but I would go for CL if I was buying now as there is not so much difference between them

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jmh

by jmh

Unbrokenchain wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:40 pm
Looking at these wheels and trying to justify the $1100 difference. Does anyone know if the rebranded specialized/roval hub on CLX is a 180 or 240? And is it really that far superior to the 350? Besides hub the price also includes the the aerolite spokes on CLX vs competion which to me doesn't seem like a big difference. I welcome any opinions.
Thanks
I'd go for the CL.

I think the standard DT Swiss freehub in the 350 is superior to the ratchet EXP in the 240, right now.

I assume DT will sort out the issue soon enough, but the 350 ratchet system has a proven track record versus that the 240 with ratchet EXP that has had some issues.

Regardless, I don't get the $1100 preminum.