Nextie 40mm wide gravelrim! NXT45AGX

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

emotive

by emotive

Steve Curtis wrote:Interesting. I'll need to check this out as I was going to order another wheelset from LB.
only interested in carbon Ti hubs so hopefully they have them as an option.
I asked LB if they had any plans for a gravel wheel wider than the WR series. I got a ‘thanks for your feedback’ template response, but nothing suggesting they were working on anything wider.

Jdadour

by Jdadour

emotive wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:17 am
Steve Curtis wrote:Interesting. I'll need to check this out as I was going to order another wheelset from LB.
only interested in carbon Ti hubs so hopefully they have them as an option.
I asked LB if they had any plans for a gravel wheel wider than the WR series. I got a ‘thanks for your feedback’ template response, but nothing suggesting they were working on anything wider.
I searched most of the chinese carbon wheel manufacturers.And other than mountain bike wheels, I cant seem to find any other 24 spoke gravel wheels with an internal width wider than 26mm

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Steve Curtis
Location: Hampshire UK, Dublin Ireland and Geneva Switzerland.

by Steve Curtis

LB can be a little more forthcoming if you speak with them by email.
During my last order last September I asked if they had anything bigger than WRs coming and they said they were working on something, but I haven't seen anything yet.

sunfire2k5

by sunfire2k5

First real ride on the nextie wheels two days ago. I really like them with panaracer semi slicks. They are very stiff and fast. Did a gravelround in my local forrest and smaahed the KOMs with 32kmt average over 32km. Thats including some rough stuff and 550m of elevation... ;)
FOIL 20 w/DA 9270 + ENVE 60/67 2023 wheels - GP 5000TR S 28MM
Ridley GRIFN, 105 Di2 12s + Nextie AGX45 (40mm wide) aerogravel wheels - Terra Speed 45mm

req110

by req110

I need them. Considering to ditch rims from below wheelset. Does it make sense?

I have bontrager paradigm elite on rapid drive 108t straight pull centerlock hubs.

Or you think it makes more sense to build whole wheelset using let's say dt350?
SW SL8 RTP 56cm @ 9270 / CLX II / CS OSPW / CEMA BB
SW Epic 8 Satin Carbon L @ XX T-Type / Berg Ratheberg 30 / Quarq / Fox Transfer SL 100mm / 3p SID Ultimate / in the making

sunfire2k5

by sunfire2k5

I bought a second set with DT 240 EXP hubs. Still 1470 grams for the wheelset..

I have one set with 29mm hooked and one with 30mm hookless. G-One Racing 45mm measures about 46.5-47mm on the 30mm hookless.
Ridley GRIFN, 105 Di2 12s + Nextie AGX45 (40mm wide) aerogravel wheels - Terra Speed 45mm

jacobeh

by jacobeh

For those who are interested, there is a pretty good test of different rim widths and how it affects the ride quality at https://www.pinkbike.com/news/rim-width ... -bike.html (tested on MTBs with 60mm tires)

The tire + rim + bike combo certainly looks sweet on that Ridley :mrgreen:

req110

by req110

How fast is Nextie to build and deliver just rims please?
I am considering them a bit. Is there any ongoing discount code? Maybe from some sponsored youtuber who is providing a referal code.
SW Epic 8 Satin Carbon L @ XX T-Type / Berg Ratheberg 30 / Quarq / Fox Transfer SL 100mm / 3p SID Ultimate / in the making

req110

by req110

No worries, i have just ordered. They had hooked model on stock. I would prefer hookless, but i am ok with hookes as well, it will allow me to use more tires and retain them in beads if they deflate.

sunfire2k5

by sunfire2k5

Hi! Did not see post before now. Rocked the hookless now on the racing schwalbes (45mm). Works very good. Light and stable but also quick and snappy out of the saddle.

dif

by dif

I have had a custom wheelset built up with this rim and have been using them for the last couple of weeks. I love the look of the deeper section carbon wheels on my Diverge. My wheels with DT 350 hubs and 28/28 CX-Ray spokes resulted in a total weight of 1574g without tape/valves/cassette/rotors/axles. This was expected so no surprises here. What did surprise me was the less than optimal handling at the front when there were heavy crosswinds. I am currently using Panaracer GK SK 43c tires for both front and rear. Yes, the profile of the tire and wheel are deep but I figured the blunt and wide profile of the rims would significnatly reduce the effect from buffeting crosswinds. This combo seems less stable than the tire and wheel combination I have on my Tarmac SL7 (Continental 28c GP5K + Roval Rapide CL 51mm deep/35mm wide front wheel). I suspect this is attributed to the low trail on the Diverge AND the weight distribution biased much more towards the rear end on the Diverge as compared to my position on the Tarmac.

emotive

by emotive

dif wrote:I have had a custom wheelset built up with this rim and have been using them for the last couple of weeks. I love the look of the deeper section carbon wheels on my Diverge. My wheels with DT 350 hubs and 28/28 CX-Ray spokes resulted in a total weight of 1574g without tape/valves/cassette/rotors/axles. This was expected so no surprises here. What did surprise me was the less than optimal handling at the front when there were heavy crosswinds. I am currently using Panaracer GK SK 43c tires for both front and rear. Yes, the profile of the tire and wheel are deep but I figured the blunt and wide profile of the rims would significnatly reduce the effect from buffeting crosswinds. This combo seems less stable than the tire and wheel combination I have on my Tarmac SL7 (Continental 28c GP5K + Roval Rapide CL 51mm deep/35mm wide front wheel). I suspect this is attributed to the low trail on the Diverge AND the weight distribution biased much more towards the rear end on the Diverge as compared to my position on the Tarmac.

I attribute the cross wind handling to the tyre width you are using. The Gravelfling 43 must measure 45mm+ and the wind will catch the overhang of the tyre. If you move to GK 38 on the front wheel You will find the tyre to wheel transition means it will catch the side winds much less.

satanas

by satanas

These rims look really interesting, but I wonder if crosswinds might be less hassle with the shallower NXT36AGX on the front?

https://www.nextie.com/gravel-AGX-700C-NXT36AGX

^ On that page it says the recommended tyre width is 33-72mm, and I notice there's a new 34mm Pro One TLE in the 2022 Schwalbe catalog PDF.

I'm also somewhat interested in the Diverge, but doubt we'll ever see any here in Oz.

emotive

by emotive

satanas wrote:These rims look really interesting, but I wonder if crosswinds might be less hassle with the shallower NXT36AGX on the front?

https://www.nextie.com/gravel-AGX-700C-NXT36AGX

^ On that page it says the recommended tyre width is 33-72mm, and I notice there's a new 34mm Pro One TLE in the 2022 Schwalbe catalog PDF.

I'm also somewhat interested in the Diverge, but doubt we'll ever see any here in Oz.
I run a 32mm tyre on the Light Bicycle WR50, there are no issues with side wind handling. I have also run a 44mm tyre on Light Bicycle AR36 and had strong side wind issues. It’s about the mismatch of the tyre and wheel width.

With a 34mm Schwalbe tyre, the side wind effect will be minimal on the NXT36 or NXT45. With a tyre that is wider than the wheel, the NXT45 will catch more wind than the NXT36.

Casio20

by Casio20

Hi guys, I just started my first YouTube channel!

It's about Agx45 wheels from Nextie
The coming weeks I will share more and more videos in use and how they look!

It would be great, if you could be my first subscriber to the channel!

I'm looking forward to your feedback!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PhmTqa4l4I8&t=26s#menu

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com