2022 Trek Checkpoint

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

goatalope

by goatalope

Looks like a new 2022 Checkpoint at Unbound Gravel. I think it looks pretty great...

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/new-tr ... 52UYGexwi0

gwerziou

by gwerziou

• A hi-zoot bike, pretty sweet
• An old bike, more fun than the new one actually
• Unicycle, no brand name visible

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

goatalope

by goatalope

goatalope

by goatalope

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

I had ordered a Checkpoint SL5 (delivery scheduled for January 2022), but when I saw this bike, I called my shop. They cancelled that order and they'll order me the new CP when it's available (not in Dexter, at the moment).

RichyChickn

by RichyChickn

Is this definitely not a new domane?

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

No, it says checkpoint on the top tube (pics on the links)
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

RichyChickn

by RichyChickn

Fair enough!

goatalope

by goatalope

FIJIGabe wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:20 pm
I had ordered a Checkpoint SL5 (delivery scheduled for January 2022), but when I saw this bike, I called my shop. They cancelled that order and they'll order me the new CP when it's available (not in Dexter, at the moment).
Its my understanding that Trek will automatically update orders to the newest model. Considering the wait times, I'd order the Checkpoint now and tell the shop you only want to purchase the new version. They should be able to handle that.

nickf

by nickf

Integrated HT cable routing, pass for me. Guess I'll be holding on to my current checkpoint for a while longer. As nasty as I get my gravel bike. I want to be able to easily service the headset. All that integrated trek stuff is a hot mess after a couple of seasons unless you maintain the hell out of it. Half of it will be rusted. Yes I know I worked at a trek shop for years.

OnTheRivet

by OnTheRivet

nickf wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:11 am
Integrated HT cable routing, pass for me. Guess I'll be holding on to my current checkpoint for a while longer. As nasty as I get my gravel bike. I want to be able to easily service the headset. All that integrated trek stuff is a hot mess after a couple of seasons unless you maintain the hell out of it. Half of it will be rusted. Yes I know I worked at a trek shop for years.
Outside of vanity, hidden cables do nothing but add headaches.

Addict15

by Addict15

Saw the new Trek checkpoint today, so release should be soon. It has t47 bb, still the same seatpost setup, downtube compartment but no more adjustable rear dropouts. The cables were integrated like on the emonda, except there were no shaped spacers but standard round ones on top of the bearing cap. The cables came out from some individual holes with rubber around it, probably a good idea for a gravel bike. The steerer is fully round and the compression ring was metal, but mounted upside down on the bike... (all cables and hoses had to be removed) Got a bit closer look than I would have liked, the top bearing does look very thin. Overall it did look very sleek, pretty similar to the last generation apart from the fork and integrated cables :D

MisterNoChain

by MisterNoChain

I also saw the new checkpoint at my lbs last week. Addic15 named the biggest differences. It now also has a storage compartment like the Domane, the design changed a bit and looks more solid. Cable routing like the Emonda is a big plus. It had 40mm tires on it with plenty of room to spare. Nice changes :thumbup:
My lbs ordered 2022 Checkpoints but had no idea it was a new model that was coming in. Trek hasnt given him any news about a new checkpoint either. If they are shipping bikes the official release must be imminent.

Addict15

by Addict15

This is the one I saw, which has a regular seatpost setup. This could mean there will be a sl and slr version since the earlier leaked photos showed a seatmast

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Looks like it has some neat bolt-on frame bag options.