2022 Trek Checkpoint

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

mischaimpossible

by mischaimpossible

volkl23 wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:50 pm
Apparently the release date is sept 9th so I'm sure we're going to get an avalanche of information that day. Very curious of the supposed SLR. Haven't really seen much info on that trim.
Postponed to 20.9. Sadly

Addict15

by Addict15

https://www.mantel.com/trek-checkpoint-sl-5-2022
This dutch site says in stock next week, also the SLR model will be project one only and have the seatmast topper.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mischaimpossible

by mischaimpossible

mischaimpossible wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:19 pm
volkl23 wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:50 pm
Apparently the release date is sept 9th so I'm sure we're going to get an avalanche of information that day. Very curious of the supposed SLR. Haven't really seen much info on that trim.
Postponed to 20.9. Sadly
Even worse, official presentation will be 30.9.

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

New Boone was released, today. I first got word of that bike coming out on July 30, which means it was live on the ordering system for 5-6 weeks before being announced. The CP opened up on the ordering system (in the US) on 8/20, so doing some math, I think that 9/30 date is likely when we'll hear about it. I just hope production ramps up in time for prime gravel season, next year.

Mirco

by Mirco

FIJIGabe wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:13 pm
New Boone was released, today. I first got word of that bike coming out on July 30, which means it was live on the ordering system for 5-6 weeks before being announced. The CP opened up on the ordering system (in the US) on 8/20, so doing some math, I think that 9/30 date is likely when we'll hear about it. I just hope production ramps up in time for prime gravel season, next year.
Are the measurements concerning stack/reach including the headset top cap, or without?

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

Mirco wrote:
FIJIGabe wrote:
Are the measurements concerning stack/reach including the headset top cap, or without?
They’re usually “as equipped” with the standard bar/stem/seat mast/saddle

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mirco

by Mirco

FIJIGabe wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:22 pm
Mirco wrote:
FIJIGabe wrote:
They’re usually “as equipped” with the standard bar/stem/seat mast/saddle

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
This answer does not solve my question concerning stack/reach measurements of the frameset.

Addict15

by Addict15

https://www.mantel.com/trek-checkpoint- ... ravel-bike
This colourway and spec looks pretty nice!

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

kytyree

by kytyree

Interesting geometry, even the size 49 is longer than I normally ride.

My current gravel bike goes the other way with a shorter than normal reach compared to a road bike. I'm going to have to test some of these different ways of going about it and see what I think. I like the longer top on my MTB but haven't tried it on gravel.

cerro

by cerro

Longer front is nice, longer rear not as nice.

ToileySiphon

by ToileySiphon

The ALR seems very nice and is almost the same weight as the SL5. However, I wonder why Trek still has an alloy steerer on that model.

Isn't it a bit more fragile than a full carbon fork, and wouldn't it be more prone to catastrophic failure, especially riding off roads?

Envoyé de mon SM-G973W en utilisant Tapatalk

Mirco

by Mirco

I would like to raise this question again.

Are the measurements concerning stack/reach are including the painted aero top cap of the headset?

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

Mirco wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:22 am
I would like to raise this question again.

Are the measurements concerning stack/reach are including the painted aero top cap of the headset?
Yes as that is not supposed to be optional, is needed to integrate the cables
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

emotive

by emotive

kytyree wrote:Interesting geometry, even the size 49 is longer than I normally ride.

My current gravel bike goes the other way with a shorter than normal reach compared to a road bike. I'm going to have to test some of these different ways of going about it and see what I think. I like the longer top on my MTB but haven't tried it on gravel.
But they compensate for the longer reach with shorter reach bars and stems, so you have a similar position, but wheel further forward, and better off-road handling.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com