New Cannondale Gravel/Cyclocross?

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

niklasp

by niklasp

Cycliste wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:07 pm
cerro wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:38 pm
BananaBike wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:31 pm
cerro wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:36 pm
Getting one to the store I'm working in in Sweden in the end of october. So end of next month ;)
Exciting! I am new to looking at gravel bikes, what other bikes would you say the Supersix Evo SE is comparable to? Also it seems pretty competatively priced from what I can see (relatively...)
Factor LS, Wilier Rave SLR, Cervelo Aspero, Specialized Crux 2022
Don't forget Giant TCX.
Tcx is a nice bike! If giant had put more on cool influencers they would sell out quick 😁
Vitus energie Evo is also something to consider.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Cycliste

by Cycliste

Right? But seriously.. I mean overall a lot of Giant's marketing really escapes me. A TCX with an appealing colorway, marketed as a do it all, gravel race bike, and the bike would be right up there with this Cannondale, Crux, Aspero etc. as far as "cool" gravel race bikes are concerned. It's almost as if Giant themselves don't beleive in the versitility of the TCX. They do love to push their Revolt line very hard.

Also, Vitus Energie Evo looks fun.

hooper

by hooper

BananaBike wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:03 am
Just picked my SE up today! I would post a picture if I could figure out how to. Havent gotten to ride it yet since I dont have gravel shoes, but it's beautiful to look at! It's weighing in at 9.1 kg with pedals, cages, computers, and mounts (not necessarily light ones just ones I had laying around). It unfortunately didnt come with the green saddle, was replaced with a Fizik Argo X3.
How do you like your new bike? Any pictures?

TiCass

by TiCass

Got mine. It’s basically a tank version of the regular Supersix Evo.

hooper

by hooper

TiCass wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:41 am

Got mine. It’s basically a tank version of the regular Supersix Evo.
Nice! Looks like you went for a 1x xplr setup.

TiCass

by TiCass

Yup… 10-44T on the back 44T on the front.

TwincamRob

by TwincamRob

Haven't seen anywhere but can you run full "integrated" cables on these like a regular super six?

TiCass

by TiCass

TwincamRob wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:14 am
Haven't seen anywhere but can you run full "integrated" cables on these like a regular super six?
Nope, external only.

TwincamRob

by TwincamRob

TiCass wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:54 am
Nope, external only.
Bummer, thanks. Great looking bike though! :thumbup:

jrod88

by jrod88

Bummer these aren't showing up with the green saddle. I'm probably putting a deposit down on a November delivered 54 today or tomorrow. The SS Evo SE is edging out the Aspero in my goal of a gravel/road bike.

Those that have one already, do you have a SS Evo or CAAD to compare fit? I'm 5'9 or 175cm and currently on a 54 CAAD13.
Allez Sprint
SS EVO SE

BananaBike

by BananaBike

jrod88 wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:38 pm
Bummer these aren't showing up with the green saddle. I'm probably putting a deposit down on a November delivered 54 today or tomorrow. The SS Evo SE is edging out the Aspero in my goal of a gravel/road bike.

Those that have one already, do you have a SS Evo or CAAD to compare fit? I'm 5'9 or 175cm and currently on a 54 CAAD13.
I'm 5'10 and got a size 54. Coming from a size 54 specialized Tarmac, I copied the fit pretty close onto the SE (but didnt slam the stem to keep the posture a bit more relaxed). Was also bummed about the saddle, probably going to swap mine out for a specialized power saddle soon

jrod88

by jrod88

Those that have theirs already, is a larger chainring setup look possible? Thinking I might ultimately end up 48/35.
Allez Sprint
SS EVO SE

CarlosFerreiro

by CarlosFerreiro

I just noticed a couple of new SuperX models added to the Cannondale website - are supply chain issues biting harder?

jrod88

by jrod88

CarlosFerreiro wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:20 pm
I just noticed a couple of new SuperX models added to the Cannondale website - are supply chain issues biting harder?

Those are 2021 SuperX models. IDK why they kept "New".
Allez Sprint
SS EVO SE

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CarlosFerreiro

by CarlosFerreiro

I can't say for sure, but I'm pretty sure all SuperX models went off the Cannondale website before the SSE SE and CX launch, and now have come back? So not so much that they are new models, but it seems like the SuperXs are getting a rebooted sales pitch from HQ?
Last edited by CarlosFerreiro on Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.