New Cannondale Gravel/Cyclocross?

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

Are Ekar chains much narrower than 12 speed chains? Can't say I'm very familiar with that groupset... EDIT: 0.25mm narrower outside, no idea about the inside, I wouldn't be suprised if they worked fine on non-Ekar chainrings...

Using any Shimano groups is simple because their groupsets, even the upcoming 12 speed Dura-Ace and Ultegra by the looks of things, are compatible with pretty much any chainrings. I use a Shimano 12sp chain on a Hollowgram SISL2 with a SpideRing and it's working as well, actually better than 11 speed chains, more silent, the outside of the chain is narrower, but the inside is pretty much the same width. So even if the new cranksets don't fit a PF30a frame, you have a choice of nice cranksets that will.

CarlosFerreiro

by CarlosFerreiro

A first look video on David Arthurs YT channel today.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nbrandborg

by nbrandborg

I have not been able to find any information about the frameset.
Anyone know something about pricing and availability in Europe?

bobrayner

by bobrayner

Dan Gerous wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:28 pm
Are Ekar chains much narrower than 12 speed chains? Can't say I'm very familiar with that groupset... EDIT: 0.25mm narrower outside, no idea about the inside, I wouldn't be suprised if they worked fine on non-Ekar chainrings...
Over on the Ekar thread, people are experiencing a lot of difficulty, trying to get non-Ekar chainrings that work with Ekar chain.
Sent from my computer using an internet browser.

bet1216

by bet1216

nbrandborg wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:01 pm
Info in the US is hard to come by also. Extremely limited to no availability of framesets in the US (I have been told both). Bikes are limited also. Only the big markets and and high volume shops are getting allocation I have been told. It appears the coastal US is getting more allocation than the midwest. I did go through a shop in Chicago (closest big market/dealer to me) and supposedly will get a bike in December...dealer has a couple of SE's coming in early Nov (but I don't like the colorway, plus I want to build it up different than Cannondale is offering) but I went with the CX version and see if I can sell the SRAM stuff and wheels.

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

bet1216 wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:08 am
nbrandborg wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:01 pm
Info in the US is hard to come by also. Extremely limited to no availability of framesets in the US (I have been told both). Bikes are limited also. Only the big markets and and high volume shops are getting allocation I have been told. It appears the coastal US is getting more allocation than the midwest. I did go through a shop in Chicago (closest big market/dealer to me) and supposedly will get a bike in December...dealer has a couple of SE's coming in early Nov (but I don't like the colorway, plus I want to build it up different than Cannondale is offering) but I went with the CX version and see if I can sell the SRAM stuff and wheels.
A shop here in Canada got some Evo CX two weeks ago, all gone now though.

bet1216

by bet1216

Dan Gerous wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:32 pm
hmmm...wonder when their next shipment is coming?

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

bet1216 wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:59 pm
Dan Gerous wrote:
They said they would get more this winter, but other shops/regions might get some before that.

BananaBike

by BananaBike

bet1216 wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:59 pm
Dan Gerous wrote:
My shop said Cannondale is air freighting a small number into the country (USA) and they will be in the shop's hands before the end of the month. Wondering if anyone else heard this??

cerro

by cerro

Getting one to the store I'm working in in Sweden in the end of october. So end of next month ;)

BananaBike

by BananaBike

cerro wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:36 pm
Getting one to the store I'm working in in Sweden in the end of october. So end of next month ;)
Exciting! I am new to looking at gravel bikes, what other bikes would you say the Supersix Evo SE is comparable to? Also it seems pretty competatively priced from what I can see (relatively...)

DrimeOser

by DrimeOser

The Supersix Evo SE and CX have the exact same geometry as the older SuperX which was marketed as a Cyclocross bike but equally loved as a gravel race bike. Just the fame layout with the aero inspired tube shapes has changed.

cerro

by cerro

BananaBike wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:31 pm
cerro wrote:
Exciting! I am new to looking at gravel bikes, what other bikes would you say the Supersix Evo SE is comparable to? Also it seems pretty competatively priced from what I can see (relatively...)
Factor LS, Wilier Rave SLR, Cervelo Aspero, Specialized Crux 2022

Cycliste

by Cycliste

cerro wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:38 pm
BananaBike wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:31 pm
cerro wrote:
Factor LS, Wilier Rave SLR, Cervelo Aspero, Specialized Crux 2022
Don't forget Giant TCX.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BananaBike

by BananaBike

Just picked my SE up today! I would post a picture if I could figure out how to. Havent gotten to ride it yet since I dont have gravel shoes, but it's beautiful to look at! It's weighing in at 9.1 kg with pedals, cages, computers, and mounts (not necessarily light ones just ones I had laying around). It unfortunately didnt come with the green saddle, was replaced with a Fizik Argo X3.