Ritchey micro road rebuild kit

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

Steve Curtis
Location: Hampshire UK, Dublin Ireland and Geneva Switzerland.

by Steve Curtis

Hey all.

I've got five pairs of these on the go at the moment and they're getting to the point of needing a rebuild.
I can't find any ritchey rebuild kits anywhere so does anyone know if they exist ?

I think the roller bearing is worn, causing play. I can't see any makings on the bearing so any suggestions on where to go for possible replacements.

Unfortunately a local bearing supplier doesn't exist so it would have to be an online order.

Cheers

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bobrayner

by bobrayner

Wish I could help you with this, but I want to chime in and say that I had trouble finding parts too. Converting to standardised cartridge bearings would be very hard work.

Have you tried talking directly to Ritchey? I found ri_service@ritcheylogic.com was quite responsive in the past. Micro Road could be the perfect pedal for many gravel riders, if they started selling it again... but maybe there are warranty/aftercare problems, not everybody is happy to cut lumps of rubber out of their shoe sole.
Sent from my computer using an internet browser.

Steve Curtis

by Steve Curtis

bobrayner wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 11:30 am
Wish I could help you with this, but I want to chime in and say that I had trouble finding parts too. Converting to standardised cartridge bearings would be very hard work.

Have you tried talking directly to Ritchey? I found ri_service@ritcheylogic.com was quite responsive in the past. Micro Road could be the perfect pedal for many gravel riders, if they started selling it again... but maybe there are warranty/aftercare problems, not everybody is happy to cut lumps of rubber out of their shoe sole.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who had to trim their shoes 😀
They're great pedals so I hope they bring them back now there is a reason for them to exist. They were in no mans land when they were available. Not road and not mtb.

Steve Curtis

by Steve Curtis

Update front ritchey

Thanks for contacting us and your interest in Ritchey products – unfortunately Micro Road pedals are not serviceable (you can just grease them by removing the dust cap on the outer side of the pedal body)

Looks like five sets of perfectly good pedals are heading for the bin this year. What the hell to replace them with 🥺

bobrayner

by bobrayner

What a shame. Is it the inner or the outer bearing? Or are both failing?
Sent from my computer using an internet browser.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Steve Curtis

by Steve Curtis

The outer bearing looks and feels fine so it's either the inner roller bearing causing side to side or the axle is worn.

I've only taken one pair apart so I'll probably take a few more apart to see if I can find any similarities or patterns.