Gravel wheels for Ekar

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

My gravel build planning continues, I'm going to be building it up with Ekar because I like the gearing and I like mechanical, however it does somewhat limit my wheel options. I'll be running 38mm Gravelkings as the narrowest tyre option. Want carbon and ideally under 1500gms

I've looked at a few options, but am I missing anything under the EURO 2k mark and N3W freehub compatible?

Campag Shamal DB's are the obvious choice but are perhaps a little heavy at claimed 1585gms but i guess they don't need tape. Would wider than 21mm internal be needed?
Light Bicycle can build me up any of their rims with CarbonTi hubs. So maybe the AR24 or the new wobbly AR375?
FFWD offer the drift 36 which looks ok but 1515gms

It seems in theory that any wheel with DT or Tune hub could also converted but given how few places are actually listing the N3W version I'm not so sure

Any suggestions gratefully received
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CustomMetal

by CustomMetal

I have Beast GR40s on DT180s that are similar to Enve 4.5 AR in profile. Hand made in Germany, weight is 1360g.. save money and take a bit of a weight hit with DT240? Should fit your budget. Very pretty wheels!
Allegra- Steel Lugs TBC
Aurelia- Stainless All Road 8.5kg
Bertha- TT 9.8kg
Perdita- Ti Turbo bike 8kg
Serenity- Ti Gravel 9.5kg/8.9kg
Verity- Ti Aero 8.2kg
Alya- Ti Climbing TBC

All weights with pedals,cages & garmin mount

bobrayner

by bobrayner

Fulcrum Rapid Red? https://www.fulcrumwheels.com/en/wheels ... d-red-5-db

There is definitely a shortage. Even vendors who say they sell N3W wheels might not be able to send one to you soon, due to supply-chain problems.
Sent from my computer using an internet browser.

CampagYOLO

by CampagYOLO

Borg 45's come up a bit heavy as well but they would be very well made and bullet proof:

https://thecycleclinic.co.uk/collection ... -cx-gravel

19mm internal but for 38mm tyres that's fine.

saldegracia

by saldegracia

What about the Farsports Gravel options? https://www.wheelsfar.com/gravel-c0374

I got the 36/32 hookless rims last year with Novatec hubs and think they're excellent, 1400g if I remember correctly and no issues so far after more than 2000km og gravel riding and some pretty rough terrain. There are lots of hub options, so I'd guess one of them would fit.
Canyon Aeroad, Votec VRC, Fuji Jari Carbon, Sensa Fermo SL, Principia R700, Cannondale Bad Boy Ultra, Ciöcc Singlespeed

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

Thanks guys some good options I'll check them out
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

bobrayner

by bobrayner

I believe the Deda Trenta2 now has an Ekar option - it might float your boat, if you liked the Shamals...?
Sent from my computer using an internet browser.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com