New Canyon Gravel Bike: Canyon Grizl (2021)

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

Roadbiker10

by Roadbiker10

Indeed not much activity here. I'm also interested in the reach and drop of the handlebar.
Scott Addict RC 20 2021
Ridley Kanzo Adventure 2022

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

thirdsun

by thirdsun

Roadbiker10 wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:46 pm
Indeed not much activity here. I'm also interested in the reach and drop of the handlebar.
May depend on the model but for the CF SLX 8 which comes with the HB0050 Ergo handlebar the dimensions are listened in the component list:

- Reach: 71 mm
- Drop: 130 mm
- Angle: (I guess they mean flare?): 8°

Stem length and handlebar width vary depending on size and can be found in the geometry table.
  • Canyon Aeroad CF SLX 8 Di2
  • Cervelo Caledonia Rival eTap AXS
  • Vitus Venon Evo
  • Canyon Grail CF SL 8 Di2

Roadbiker10

by Roadbiker10

thirdsun wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:53 am
Roadbiker10 wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:46 pm
May depend on the model but for the CF SLX 8 which comes with the HB0050 Ergo handlebar the dimensions are listened in the component list:

- Reach: 71 mm
- Drop: 130 mm
- Angle: (I guess they mean flare?): 8°

Stem length and handlebar width vary depending on size and can be found in the geometry table.
Ok thanks. It is the CF SL 7 I am looking at. I didn't know about the component specs on their site.
Scott Addict RC 20 2021
Ridley Kanzo Adventure 2022

mogwaiboi

by mogwaiboi

NBD! Picked it up from the mechanic today.

Swapped out the 34T cassette for an 11-40T, 90mm stem, Bontrager Aeolus saddle, Burgh bar tape, Pro Discover handlebar and Tacx Deva bottle cages. Got a Farsports 700c wheelset with 34c Schwalbe Pro One to use as an endurance road option.

Canyon Ultimate CF SL
Canyon Grizl CF SLX
Open U.P.

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

Looks great! Where did you put the Di2 battery?

henau212

by henau212

FIJIGabe wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:22 pm
The SLX frame got a mount in the downtube directly above the bottom bracket. Same for all Canyon electric road bike frames.

mogwaiboi

by mogwaiboi

henau212 wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:32 pm
FIJIGabe wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:22 pm
The SLX frame got a mount in the downtube directly above the bottom bracket. Same for all Canyon electric road bike frames.
Yep!
The E-Tube app decided to crash the Di2 so I had to disconnect the battery to get it working again. Not easy without removing the bottom bracket but somehow I managed it! :evil:
Canyon Ultimate CF SL
Canyon Grizl CF SLX
Open U.P.

Vik61

by Vik61

Does anyone own a Grizl M size? I can't find front-to-center geo dimensions.
Canyon Grizl
Trek Supercaliber

Rough

by Rough

Recently came across this thread on reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/CanyonBikes/co ... ng_issues/

Basically looks like Grizl uses proprietary upper headset bearing. Can only be bought through Canyon and costs 3x as much for a set.
What is more it can only be bought as a set and looks like it's quite hard to source.

Can someone who owns the bike comment on this? Is there a way around this?

I have the bike ordered but I'm thinking of cancelling an order because of this. Part of it is out of principle - I think this is verry scummy way of ripping of the customer as there is absolutely no reason for this design choice other than that. Part of it is that I had a bad experience with proprietary part that was impossible to source and who knows if this bearing will even be manufactured after 3-5 years.

Am I being unreasonable angry/upset about this and is this not a problem at all?

spartacus

by spartacus

Rough wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:41 pm
Recently came across this thread on reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/CanyonBikes/co ... ng_issues/

Basically looks like Grizl uses proprietary upper headset bearing. Can only be bought through Canyon and costs 3x as much for a set.
What is more it can only be bought as a set and looks like it's quite hard to source.

Can someone who owns the bike comment on this? Is there a way around this?

I have the bike ordered but I'm thinking of cancelling an order because of this. Part of it is out of principle - I think this is verry scummy way of ripping of the customer as there is absolutely no reason for this design choice other than that. Part of it is that I had a bad experience with proprietary part that was impossible to source and who knows if this bearing will even be manufactured after 3-5 years.

Am I being unreasonable angry/upset about this and is this not a problem at all?
This isn't the only thing canyon has done that's relatively inexcusable from an engineering perspective. Honestly something is rotten at that company. Stuff goes out the door there that should have been shot down in the brainstorm session.

NordicSal

by NordicSal

Could you put a 52/36 crankset on this?