Small frame bag for large frame

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

saldegracia

by saldegracia

So I have fairly large gravel bike, a 61cm Fuji Jari Carbon and I was looking for a smallish frame bag, something just for long day rides, not for actual bike packing, around the 2l volume mark. While looking around I got the impression frame bag sizing actually depends more on the frame size than on how much stuff you want to carry...is that right?

However, I really don't want a massive frame bag to just carry around a couple of sandwiches, inner tubes and mini pump.

I came across this one from Wiggle's inhouse brand which should be exactly what I want sizewise. It also doesn't have a strap to the seat-tube which would make sense because it would be a very long way from the bag to my seattube.

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/lifeline-adventure-frame-bag

However, I have one doubt: in the product pictures the bag fits snugly into the front triangle of the frame. However, my headtube is a lot longer than the one in the picture. So it would probably look a little weird but also the way down to the downtube would be a lot longer, so I am wondering if this type og bag would even work with my bike.

Anyone with a big bike here who can share their experience with frame bags and frame bag sizing?
Canyon Aeroad, Votec VRC, Fuji Jari Carbon, Sensa Fermo SL, Principia R700, Cannondale Bad Boy Ultra, Ciöcc Singlespeed

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tifosiphil

by Tifosiphil

Maybe take a look at the Restrap options. They do something similar to the one you are looking at or will even custom make one to your specs for a relatively small price; https://restrap.com/collections/frame-bags

saldegracia

by saldegracia

thanks, yes, had seen that one but I think it I'd have the same doubts about that one...I don't really want to go down a custom route yet...would like to try something fairly affordable first and see if I even like riding with a frame bag, that why the Lifeline seemed a good option but I also really like the design...but even Wiggle could not tell me if it would fit...the Restrap straps definitely seem to be longer...so I might risk it...
Canyon Aeroad, Votec VRC, Fuji Jari Carbon, Sensa Fermo SL, Principia R700, Cannondale Bad Boy Ultra, Ciöcc Singlespeed