Reynolds ATR / ATR X

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

Jimmypragmatic

by Jimmypragmatic

Hi all. Considering picking up a set as they seem to fit my requriements. However there isn't much information out there? Anyone out there who has expereince and willing to share?

Reynolds don't seem to have much informaton online about the wheels and there isn't much online to go with, I am aware between the models there is a hub and spoke difference. And actually the brass nipples on the ATR are a better more long term option.

My question.
- What are the hubs? Are they Reynolds OEM or Dt Swiss internal ?
- How do the wheels perform from a flex/stiffness point of view?

OnTheRivet

by OnTheRivet

I believe the ATR and ATRx use Reynolds own hub (made by KT same as stans hubs) the Black label version use Industry Nine, otherwise the rims are the same? Personally I'd buy a set of Farsports or Light bicycle with a nice I9 or DT 240 hub at that price point.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Visqu

by Visqu

I used to have ATR X, decent wheels, pretty heavy, ugly hubs, pricey for what they were.
The bead hooks were pretty sharp and did away with a Panaracer Gravel King after 1000km. I sanded down the sharp edge and no problems after that. Factory installed tubeless tape was a joke, much too narrow so they put several layers slightly overlaying each other.

Sold them and got LightBicycle WR38, haven't looked back.

Toby

by Toby

I got a set for my Topstone, new with a nice discount from MBS as shop demo with massive ugly decals I peeled off. I'd have said they're fine for what they are if you aren't looking for WW, but that bead hook issue reported above is concerning since I have a pair of SK+ on them right now myself. :|

jrod88

by jrod88

Local shop has a set, definitely sharp hooks.
Allez Sprint
SS EVO SE

Travelbytaco

by Travelbytaco

I have a new set on a bike build I just did. I chose the ATR's in 700c b/c I wanted to try something other than i9 which I have on my 2 other bikes. Price was ok. RIght in line w/ an i9 aluminum rim set. Thought they'd be worth a go. At first I was highly disappointed. As mentioned above, the rim tape is a joke. My tires were going flat within a 12 hour timeframe, ridden or not. Couple of calls to their customer service (top notch, btw) and I had them sorted. If you wind up getting them, go ahead and remove the rim tape which is 22mm and too narrow for the 23 internal width. Get 25mm wide tape and wrap it TIGHT! This was the first time I almost broke a sweat installing rim tape lol. From there, replace the factory installed valves. I went with Muc-Off and very happy with them. Then just choose your tire. My WTB's didnt work for $h1t on these. Swapped out to a mixed front/rear combo. Rear is currently a Vittoria Torreno Mix and front is a Pirelli Cinturato Gravel H. The Vittoria is holding air better than the Pirelli, but neither lose more than what I consider an acceptable amount each day.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com