Sram Force x1 to Force Axs Conversion

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

Indyx

by Indyx

Hello all,

I have a Sram Force x1 mech 11 speed bike, I'd like to convert to x12 Force Axs without a major tear up.

A couple questions:

1. Can I disconnect the brake hoses at the shifter, the shifter band clamp, and simply swap the new shifters in ? Meaning, without unwrapping bar tap, and rerunning new hoses?

2. Are Sram Force Etap Shifters compatible with Force HRD AXS Calipers?

Anything else I should consider, besides new cassette, chain, freehub, shifters, rear derauiler?

Thanks

cerro

by cerro

1. No, the brake hose goes into the lever on Force1, connected with an olive and bolt on Force AXS.

2. All Sram 2-piston calipers are compatible with all roadlevers with the correct hose.

Consider a compatible chainring if running Flattop chain.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Indyx

by Indyx

cerro wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:15 pm
1. No, the brake hose goes into the lever on Force1, connected with an olive and bolt on Force AXS.

2. All Sram 2-piston calipers are compatible with all roadlevers with the correct hose.

Consider a compatible chainring if running Flattop chain.
Thank you for the feedback.

MayhemSWE

by MayhemSWE

cerro wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:15 pm
Umm, of course you can. Simply cut the hose, screw in a Stealth-a-Majig pin and olive, and bolt the hose to the lever. Done. Now the other way around however obviously wouldn't have been possible, as the old mechanical shifters require a particular banjo which only comes permanently attached to the hoses.

That being said unless the hoses already in the frame is practically brand new I still would take the time and replace them.

MayhemSWE

by MayhemSWE

Indyx wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:46 pm
Hello all,
2. Are Sram Force Etap Shifters compatible with Force HRD AXS Calipers?
Question as posed makes no sense. Considering the only version of Force eTap that exists is AXS, of course they are compatible with Force AXS calipers.

But if you are really asking whether Force AXS shifters are compatible with Force 22/1 calipers, then the answer is yes. But definitely switch out the calipers too, the new BleedingEdge style calipers are much easier to bleed and personally I'd go crazy having non-matching parts on my own bike.

Toybota

by Toybota

I'll buy your Force 1x shifters and brakes if you are selling them.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com