future animal brand suspension for gravel

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

soon it shall be lighter

Additional content removed by request of Sean Estes of Fox Factory Inc.
Last edited by dudemanppl on Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:07 am, edited 4 times in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

OnTheRivet

by OnTheRivet

Meh, this is people grabbing at straws trying to sell stuff. I've been riding my cyclocross bike offroad during the cross offseason for 30 years and now it's called gravel and still fun. If I wanted suspension, a dropper post or super wide bars I'll just ride my mtb?

stoney

by stoney

This looks like a great option for rough gravel courses.

bobrayner

by bobrayner

It looks good as an option to expand the envelope of my "One bike for everything". With skinny wheels it's a road bike, with fatter knobbly tyres it's a gravel bike, and the option of front suspension for some rougher trails would just expand that range further, without having to buy a whole new XC bike (which would be bad on the other routes).
Sent from my computer using an internet browser.

SpeedyChix

by SpeedyChix

Bringing flatmount brakes to the existing fork, drop a few grams and maybe add a bit more tire clearance. Looks like it'll work better with the wider 700c tires than the existing one.

While the light mtb is more capable, for long gravel events and rough courses this could be a viable alternative (The Crusher in the UP)
adrenaline junkie

IrrelevantD

by IrrelevantD

OnTheRivet wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:16 am
Meh, this is people grabbing at straws trying to sell stuff. I've been riding my cyclocross bike offroad during the cross offseason for 30 years and now it's called gravel and still fun. If I wanted suspension, a dropper post or super wide bars I'll just ride my mtb?
Eh... there are a few heavily rooted, but hard packed singletrack trails around where I live where I wouldn't mind having 30~40mm of travel and would still be faster on my gravel bike than bringing my hard tail. That being said, I think it's a very slim use case for this vs. throwing some drop bars on a hard tail with an 80~100mm fork and running sub-2" tires.
* There is a 70% chance that what you have just read has a peppering of cynicism or sarcasm and generally should not be taken seriously.
I'll leave it up to you to figure out the other 30%. If you are in any way offended, that's on you.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

Hmm, a very niche product.

Seems like 50mm of travel isn't really worth having to me, but I guess people buy bikes with lefty Olivers on them so there must be a market.
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde