Lightweight carbon road handlebars for gravel

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

wltz

by wltz

Tifosiphil wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:36 pm
On the handlebar topic can I derail it slightly. I'm looking for some gravel bars with 7degree flair or less and some outsweep.

Ideally something 38cm at the tops and 42cm in the drops or 40cm/44cm
Outsweep as in outward, going away from you, or backsweep? If the latter, check Syntace Racelite: 6ged backsweep, 2deg flare, around 200g, I find it super comfortable. The only lightweight carbon bar I know of that allows clip-on aero extensions, if you have some bike packing / touring in mind like me. It's going on my Revolt build.

Tifosiphil

by Tifosiphil

wltz wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:57 pm
Tifosiphil wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:36 pm
On the handlebar topic can I derail it slightly. I'm looking for some gravel bars with 7degree flair or less and some outsweep.

Ideally something 38cm at the tops and 42cm in the drops or 40cm/44cm
Outsweep as in outward, going away from you, or backsweep? If the latter, check Syntace Racelite: 6ged backsweep, 2deg flare, around 200g, I find it super comfortable. The only lightweight carbon bar I know of that allows clip-on aero extensions, if you have some bike packing / touring in mind like me. It's going on my Revolt build.
Thanks for the reply wltz, I'm actually looking for something that gets wider in the drops than on the hoods. But I would like to avoid too much flare if possible, I'd say 5deg or less.

For some unknown reason when I tried 12deg flare bars it left my shoulders in tatters

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

uquality

by uquality

Can't go wrong with 3T Superergo.

Dueruote

by Dueruote

I'm actually looking for the same kind of bar... have a look at 3T superghiaia https://www.3t.bike/en/products/dropbar ... a-562.html#. Too much expensive for me.
Ritchey venturemax has too much flare (weights 230gr), Easton Gravel EC70 is 220gr.
Superghiaia is the only one I found so far with gravel shape under 200gr.
Why is so difficult to go under 200gr having some flare?

inspclouseau

by inspclouseau

Dueruote wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:20 pm
I'm actually looking for the same kind of bar... have a look at 3T superghiaia https://www.3t.bike/en/products/dropbar ... a-562.html#. Too much expensive for me.
Ritchey venturemax has too much flare (weights 230gr), Easton Gravel EC70 is 220gr.
Superghiaia is the only one I found so far with gravel shape under 200gr.
Why is so difficult to go under 200gr having some flare?
Is this what you got? My goal is comfort, internal routing, weight in that order. Would be nice to know I can hang a bar bag with a tent or something off it. I have no desire to run clip ons.

kode54

by kode54

I use an Easton E100 bar with Zipp Speed SL stem. If I know there'll be tons of washboard, I'll swap out the stem for a Redshift stem to absorb the bumps.
The E100 has less flare than the EC70AX that I used to have on the gravel bike...which I felt had too much flare.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

cycleboyco

by cycleboyco

I am using the Roval Terra bars. On the plus side, the weight is decent for a "gravel" bar at 192g for a 42cm and I like the flat tops. I do wish it had a little more flair (only 46cm at the drop ends), more drop, and the hole set-up is not great if you are going Di2, but those may be the tradeoffs for a lighter bar. I had a Superghiaia and returned it prior to installing it mostly because of the additional reach and the weight-it was 220g for a 42, which included the plastic cable guides, so it would have been a few grams lighter. I'll get some more riding on the Terras, but might go back to the Superghiaia (I have the Superergo on 2 road bikes).

nickf

by nickf

Been using Easton EC70 bar for years paired to a Uno stem no issues. The new build I'm now using a EC90slx bars, went with a 42cm bar this time for a little more width paired to a Extralite stem.