2021 Giant Revolt Advanced frameset Pictures & weights

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

wltz

by wltz

They do look ace! Thanks for the lead, I'll check out their offerings, they sounds like they know their craft!

pritish8287

by pritish8287

RDY wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:05 am
pritish8287 wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:03 pm
OnTheRivet wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:05 pm
Yeah, actually kind of lucked into this one. When I first checked on the website they had no stock, the next day I checked they had stock so I ordered, day after no stock. You have a great looking bike, I like that color. Lot of little things that impressed me, nice light thru axles, weight weenie top cap, frame protecter tape, good quality light steerer expander. Very well though out for a big company. Starting the build today, Bleeding edge tool showwed up.
Cool. Lucky you. I was looking for a frameset in USA and when I contacted Giant, they told me they only sell built bikes. In the end I bought a Look Gravel RS.

Looking forward to see your build...spill the details...groupset, cockpit et al when you can and then off course the pics of finished bike ! Congrats and Good luck

Would be curious to hear your thoughts on the Look and see any pics.

They apparently kept geometry the same for the 765 RS for '21 but significantly changed the layup to drop about 200g.
Ha!
I am curious to know if any WW community members have Look gravel RS. even started a thread but no response. Anyways, my build is currently stalled as the Ekar groupset shipment is lost somewhere in Germany!
As far as Look frame goes, you are right - They changed the layup a little bit and some graphics between MY2020 and MY2021. The MY2019 and MY2020 are exactly the same. This info is directly from Look tech support.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RDY

by RDY

pritish8287 wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:21 pm
RDY wrote:
pritish8287 wrote:
OnTheRivet wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:05 pm
Yeah, actually kind of lucked into this one. When I first checked on the website they had no stock, the next day I checked they had stock so I ordered, day after no stock. You have a great looking bike, I like that color. Lot of little things that impressed me, nice light thru axles, weight weenie top cap, frame protecter tape, good quality light steerer expander. Very well though out for a big company. Starting the build today, Bleeding edge tool showwed up.
Cool. Lucky you. I was looking for a frameset in USA and when I contacted Giant, they told me they only sell built bikes. In the end I bought a Look Gravel RS.

Looking forward to see your build...spill the details...groupset, cockpit et al when you can and then off course the pics of finished bike ! Congrats and Good luck

They apparently kept geometry the same for the 765 RS for '21 but significantly changed the layup to drop about 200g.
Ha!
I am curious to know if any WW community members have Look gravel RS. even started a thread but no response. Anyways, my build is currently stalled as the Ekar groupset shipment is lost somewhere in Germany!
As far as Look frame goes, you are right - They changed the layup a little bit and some graphics between MY2020 and MY2021. The MY2019 and MY2020 are exactly the same. This info is directly from Look tech support.
What's the weight on frameset? It supposedly dropped over 200g in a medium size.

Would love to see some pics.

pritish8287

by pritish8287

RDY wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:03 pm
pritish8287 wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:21 pm
RDY wrote:
pritish8287 wrote:

Ha!
What's the weight on frameset? It supposedly dropped over 200g in a medium size.

Would love to see some pics.
I have size S frame and that weighs 1.39 kg with all the bolts still attached and the uncut fork is 460 grams. Since i started a Look Gravel specific thread, I'll start posting pics over there once I begin my build. Shame I was in a hurry last year and forgot to measure the frame and fork of my size 48s Colnago V1-R disc.

wltz

by wltz

Just got my Revolt frameset. A touch heavier than OP's: frame size M 1260g, fork uncut 464, seatpost spot on 190g. Other bits: axles 44+34g, seatpost clamp and cover 51g, grommets 10g, headset (bearings, bung, cup, 5mm spacer) 107g. That should get me to 8kg with road wheels, and a touch under that with 650B gravel wheels. Pretty happy with that! Chameleon Saturn paint looks stunning in real life indeed!

RDY

by RDY

@pritish8287 1.39kg? I assume you mean that's including the fork? That can't be right for a size S frame only ...

pritish8287

by pritish8287

RDY wrote:@pritish8287 1.39kg? I assume you mean that's including the fork? That can't be right for a size S frame only ...
Size S: frame + RD hanger + 10 bolts + braze on FD mount =1.39 kg
Uncut fork = 460 grams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OnTheRivet

by OnTheRivet

wltz wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:57 pm
Just got my Revolt frameset. A touch heavier than OP's: frame size M 1260g, fork uncut 464, seatpost spot on 190g. Other bits: axles 44+34g, seatpost clamp and cover 51g, grommets 10g, headset (bearings, bung, cup, 5mm spacer) 107g. That should get me to 8kg with road wheels, and a touch under that with 650B gravel wheels. Pretty happy with that! Chameleon Saturn paint looks stunning in real life indeed!
That's interesting, I weighed my frame and fork on a bigger scale in my garage and the seatpost on a smaller one in the house. My garage scale may be a bit off?

wltz

by wltz

OnTheRivet wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:33 am
wltz wrote:
That's interesting, I weighed my frame and fork on a bigger scale in my garage and the seatpost on a smaller one in the house. My garage scale may be a bit off?
I think 70g is within the margin of normal variation for mass-produced frames. I mean, I'm not disappointed at all. Revolt will spend a good chunk of time with full mudguards and aero extensions for touring, so weight is not my concern really.

Going a bit on a tangent, I played with frame, fork and headset a bit, it looks like I'll have about 2mm gap between fork and head tube with headset bearings installed. Looking at yours and RDY's bike, I see what looks like a small gap there too. Is that how the fork-HT interface should be? Thank you!

OnTheRivet

by OnTheRivet

wltz wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:19 am
OnTheRivet wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:33 am
wltz wrote:
I think 70g is within the margin of normal variation for mass-produced frames. I mean, I'm not disappointed at all. Revolt will spend a good chunk of time with full mudguards and aero extensions for touring, so weight is not my concern really.

Going a bit on a tangent, I played with frame, fork and headset a bit, it looks like I'll have about 2mm gap between fork and head tube with headset bearings installed. Looking at yours and RDY's bike, I see what looks like a small gap there too. Is that how the fork-HT interface should be? Thank you!
Yep, I actually looked at other pictures because I had that gap too. I did file down a bit of a resin "seam" on the race surface to get the bearing to sit on it a little better but yeah, I think the gap is normal.

wltz

by wltz

Cool, thank you! I'll ask this question to Giant just in case, will report if they bother replying.

dbzznlqbqft

by dbzznlqbqft

Has anybody tried to remove the rubber cover below the frameset? I mean it could be a huge weight saving.

vanmatthew

by vanmatthew

Man that bike looks great.

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

How much lighter is the 2021 frameset compared to previous models?
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wltz

by wltz

Revolt Advanced 2021 frameset built with GRX 815, Rotor 3D+ double chainset w/ Sigeyi PM, WR50/38 non-flyweight wheelset and road tyres/pedals. 8.3 kg as pictured (frame was 1230, fork 410).

This is its winter bike guise, will fit VeloDuo fenders this week which should add another 370g. I expect the proper gravel setup to weigh around the same (lighter wheels but heavier tyres + XT pedals). Can definitely feel the difference going uphill vs my 6.8kg Felt, but light weight was never a target for this build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk