2021 Giant Revolt Advanced frameset Pictures & weights

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

OnTheRivet

by OnTheRivet

So I figured I would post these as trying to find weights when I was researching this was impossible.
Medium Frame - 1193g (No Hardware except rear rack mount Plugs, BB cable guide and 2 integrated rubber frame protectors probably 80ish grams)
Fork uncut steerer - 453g (pleasantly surprised by this weight)
Seatpost 390mm- 196g (new for 2021 version full carbon fiber shaft with molded carbon fiber saddle mounts)
Last edited by OnTheRivet on Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:58 am, edited 4 times in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

OnTheRivet

by OnTheRivet

Double Post.

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

What components, wheels, are you building this frame with? Btw that's a beautiful color.
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

rides4beer

by rides4beer

Didn't know they were selling a frameset, cool! Love my '21 Revolt Advanced 2. It's a lil over 8kg without any WW parts, 7.5kg shouldn't be hard to do.

I want to get that SLR seatpost, looks better and is about 100g lighter than the regular D Fuse that comes on the lower level models.
Last edited by rides4beer on Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OnTheRivet

by OnTheRivet

Ugh forum.
Last edited by OnTheRivet on Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OnTheRivet

by OnTheRivet

Yeah, actually kind of lucked into this one. When I first checked on the website they had no stock, the next day I checked they had stock so I ordered, day after no stock. You have a great looking bike, I like that color. Lot of little things that impressed me, nice light thru axles, weight weenie top cap, frame protecter tape, good quality light steerer expander. Very well though out for a big company. Starting the build today, Bleeding edge tool showwed up.
Last edited by OnTheRivet on Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OnTheRivet

by OnTheRivet

This forum is odd
Last edited by OnTheRivet on Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OnTheRivet

by OnTheRivet

This forum is odd

rides4beer

by rides4beer

OnTheRivet wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:04 pm
Yeah, actually kind of lucked into this one. When I first checked on the website they had no stock, the next day I checked they had stock so I ordered, day after no stock. You have a great looking bike, I like that color. Lot of little things that impressed me, nice light thru axles, weight weenie top cap, frame protecter tape, good quality light steerer expander. Very well though out for a big company. Starting the build today, Bleeding edge tool showwed up.
They def dropped some weight on the '21s, mine was almost a kilo lighter off the rack compared to my '19. They also ride great, on and off road. Plus there's the two year crash replacement warranty.

Looking forward to seeing the build. :beerchug:

pritish8287

by pritish8287

OnTheRivet wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:05 pm
Cool. Lucky you. I was looking for a frameset in USA and when I contacted Giant, they told me they only sell built bikes. In the end I bought a Look Gravel RS.

Looking forward to see your build...spill the details...groupset, cockpit et al when you can and then off course the pics of finished bike ! Congrats and Good luck

OnTheRivet

by OnTheRivet

So completed.
Last edited by OnTheRivet on Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

rides4beer

by rides4beer

OnTheRivet wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:29 am
So completed. Weighs a little more than I thought (7.67kg bare, no cages or garmin mount) but still happy and fit is great. Think I'm going to order some Farsports wheels, tired of leaky rim tape.
Looks great!! That's a really good weight for a bike that can take a beating. :beerchug:

saldegracia

by saldegracia

OnTheRivet wrote:
So completed. Weighs a little more than I thought (7.67kg bare, no cages or garmin mount) but still happy and fit is great. Think I'm going to order some Farsports wheels, tired of leaky rim tape.
Sweet looking ride! What wheels and tires are those?
Canyon Aeroad, Votec VRC, Fuji Jari Carbon, Sensa Fermo SL, Principia R700, Cannondale Bad Boy Ultra, Ciöcc Singlespeed

saldegracia

by saldegracia

saldegracia wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:08 pm
OnTheRivet wrote:
Sweet looking ride! What wheels and tires are those? Also, does this weight include pedals?
Canyon Aeroad, Votec VRC, Fuji Jari Carbon, Sensa Fermo SL, Principia R700, Cannondale Bad Boy Ultra, Ciöcc Singlespeed

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

OnTheRivet

by OnTheRivet

saldegracia wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:08 pm
OnTheRivet wrote:
Sweet looking ride! What wheels and tires are those?
Wheels are kinda interesting, Before the Hookless thing became popular for road and gravel I wanted a set for my gravel bike as I'd had such good experience with them on my MTB. I Built these up using a (wide at the time) hookless mtb rim from Light Bicycle with Bitex Hubs and Sapim Laser spokes. They are 1410g and have been bomb proof. Tires are Maxxis Ramblers. Does include pedals Eggbeater 11's (hard to see in the picture.)
Last edited by OnTheRivet on Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:51 am, edited 4 times in total.