2021 Giant Revolt Advanced frameset Pictures & weights

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

OnTheRivet

by OnTheRivet

I give up with this forum.

madik

by madik

OnTheRivet wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:18 pm
I give up with this forum.
Just press the submit button ONCE and wait for a few seconds. It's not such a difficult task..
Yeah it's strange that the forum can't prevents double posts.. I guess there is no programmer who is able to fix it.
Functionality > Performance > Weight

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

saldegracia

by saldegracia

OnTheRivet wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:17 pm
saldegracia wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:08 pm
OnTheRivet wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:29 am
So completed. Weighs a little more than I thought (7.67kg bare, no cages or garmin mount) but still happy and fit is great. Think I'm going to order some Farsports wheels, tired of leaky rim tape.
Sweet looking ride! What wheels and tires are those?
Wheels are kinda interesting Before the Hookless thing took of for road and gravel I wanted a set after such good experience on my trail MTB. Built these up using a wide at the time hookless mtb rim from Light Bicycle and Bitex Hubs. Sapim Laser spokes. Theyare 14010g and have been bomb proof. Tires are Maxxis Ramblers. Does include pedals Eggbeater 11's (hard to see in the picture.)
They do look like nice wheels! Farsports gravel wheels likely won't be much lighter (but you can go lighter depending on the specification) but if rim tape is a concern they're definitely a good choice. Must be a pain to work on when you need a new spoke or trueing but I won't do that myself anyway...just hope my LBs won't refuse to work on them ;)
Canyon Aeroad, Votec VRC, Fuji Jari Carbon, Sensa Fermo SL, Principia R700, Cannondale Bad Boy Ultra, Ciöcc Singlespeed

RDY

by RDY

pritish8287 wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:03 pm
OnTheRivet wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:05 pm
Yeah, actually kind of lucked into this one. When I first checked on the website they had no stock, the next day I checked they had stock so I ordered, day after no stock. You have a great looking bike, I like that color. Lot of little things that impressed me, nice light thru axles, weight weenie top cap, frame protecter tape, good quality light steerer expander. Very well though out for a big company. Starting the build today, Bleeding edge tool showwed up.
Cool. Lucky you. I was looking for a frameset in USA and when I contacted Giant, they told me they only sell built bikes. In the end I bought a Look Gravel RS.

Looking forward to see your build...spill the details...groupset, cockpit et al when you can and then off course the pics of finished bike ! Congrats and Good luck

Would be curious to hear your thoughts on the Look and see any pics.

They apparently kept geometry the same for the 765 RS for '21 but significantly changed the layup to drop about 200g.

wltz

by wltz

Wondering if anyone has built a 2021 Revolt with 2x. I'm thinking about replacing my Defy as a winter / audax bike (really keen on proper mudguards and some gravel touring), but I'll build it with FD. Cyclingtips review (https://cyclingtips.com/2019/05/giant-r ... ke-review/) is saying there is no backing plate, leaving the front shifting a bit meh. Have Giant fixed that for 2021? Any workarounds?

damond

by damond

I have a Revolt and a Defy. Although they do not share the same FD hanger, they both work with 2x.

My wife got a 2021 Liv Devote Adv with the same FD hanger as the Revolt. It works. I didn't exactly get what seems to be your doubt?

wltz

by wltz

damond wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:51 pm
I didn't exactly get what seems to be your doubt?
Oh sorry, should have inserted the quote. This bit alarmed me:
"Meanwhile, the minimalist seat tube offers no support to the front derailleur, and so you can’t install it with the recommended backstop – not a deal breaker, but the front shifting isn’t the snappiest it could be."

I assume the backing plate is part of the FD hanger, but it's not supported by the frame, instead overhanging behind the seattube?

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

wltz wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:05 pm
Wondering if anyone has built a 2021 Revolt with 2x. I'm thinking about replacing my Defy as a winter / audax bike (really keen on proper mudguards and some gravel touring), but I'll build it with FD. Cyclingtips review (https://cyclingtips.com/2019/05/giant-r ... ke-review/) is saying there is no backing plate, leaving the front shifting a bit meh. Have Giant fixed that for 2021? Any workarounds?
My 2019 Revolt has been running flawlessly with a 2X drivetrain from day one.
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

wltz

by wltz

I'm just looking at this picture, and I can see the FD hanger, but no backing plate. Where does the FD support screw go? There seems to be a bit of room for a sticky plate that Shimano supplies, but I'm not sure. A photo would help, but I can't seem to find anything.

damond

by damond

I see now what you mean! Although i run 1x on my Revolt, my wife's Devote came with 2x and it worked flawlessly. We changed her bike to 1x but not because of poor performance of the FD, it's just that it is so much simpler and cleaner on a gravel bike.

Anyway, i ride very often with a friend who ride's 2x on his Revolt and he never had a single complain about it!

PS: the colour scheme of that frameset looks amazing!

wltz

by wltz

Phew, thank you, Damond, that's good to hear! And yeah, I was perfectly happy with my Defy until I saw this chameleon saturn colourway. I have to say Giant really upped their paintjob game recently, their pre-2018 paintjobs were butt ugly.

RDY

by RDY

2X is fine. Running 52/36. Would have been 50/34 but couldn't find 105 / Ultegra / DA in 170mm in it. Could find 170mm 52/36 105. Front mech is DA.

wltz

by wltz

That's a sweet ride, RDY! Which hoops are these? I like the subtle finish.

I pulled the trigger on the frame today, same as yours :beerchug: Will build with UDi2, Rotor cranks (I know 4130 BB isn't ideal, but I have them already) and more road oriented cockpit. Wheels will be WR38/WR50 which I also already have, I might get another gravel dedicated set. It will be mostly audax/touring rig with complimentary gravel capabilities.

saldegracia

by saldegracia

RDY wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:52 am
2X is fine. Running 52/36. Would have been 50/34 but couldn't find 105 / Ultegra / DA in 170mm in it. Could find 170mm 52/36 105. Front mech is DA.
Sweet ride! What's the top-tube bag? Looking for one in this style but with bolts instead of velcro...
Canyon Aeroad, Votec VRC, Fuji Jari Carbon, Sensa Fermo SL, Principia R700, Cannondale Bad Boy Ultra, Ciöcc Singlespeed

RDY

by RDY

wltz wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:20 pm
That's a sweet ride, RDY! Which hoops are these? I like the subtle finish.

I pulled the trigger on the frame today, same as yours :beerchug: Will build with UDi2, Rotor cranks (I know 4130 BB isn't ideal, but I have them already) and more road oriented cockpit. Wheels will be WR38/WR50 which I also already have, I might get another gravel dedicated set. It will be mostly audax/touring rig with complimentary gravel capabilities.
Speeder Cycling Filament Wound 45mm. Unpainted UD finish. Almost all the UD rims you see are painted black. I asked if I could have them unpainted. They have a satin, greyish charcoal finish in the raw UD FW carbon. As well as looking sweet, I'd guess it's saved 20-25g per rim. They built them up with CX Ray, gold Sapim Polyax, and Bitex BX312 SP to my spec.

http://www.speedercycling.com/28mm-Wide ... _p326.html

Justin was very good to deal with.
saldegracia wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:04 pm
RDY wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:52 am
Sweet ride! What's the top-tube bag? Looking for one in this style but with bolts instead of velcro...
A Topeak one. From the top of my head, I don't think they do a similar one with bolts. Not sure if I'd recommend anyway ... it looks great, but it's just a little too rigid - quite difficult to get things in and out of (including your hand).

If I could change only one thing about the Revolt, it'd be to have bolt mounts on the top tube for a 'fuel tank' bag.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com