Help needed from e13 9-46 12 Speed Cassette users

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

gSporco

by gSporco

I bounce back and forth between 2x 48/35 10-33 and 1x 44t 9-50.

Sram is releasing EXPLR soon with 10-40something cassettes.. Once that takes place I will most likely stick with 1x with a 44t 10-42 or 44, whichever cassette they release.

I
@gSporco - Instagram
Specialized Aethos
State All Road 6061
Retired Cervelo Aspero

andy4g63

by andy4g63

Thanks very much

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

itapersita

by itapersita

gSporco wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:14 pm

Sram is releasing EXPLR soon with 10-40something cassettes.. Once that takes place I will most likely stick with 1x with a 44t 10-42 or 44, whichever cassette they release.

I

What is this EXPLR ?

henau212

by henau212

itapersita wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 7:29 pm
gSporco wrote:

I

What is this EXPLR ?
XPLR will be a new version of the Force and Rival with a 10-44 cassette. Will ne a new gravel series from Sram. Zipp will also release some wheelset and bar under the XPLR branding.

itapersita

by itapersita

henau212 wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 3:14 pm
itapersita wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 7:29 pm
gSporco wrote:

I

What is this EXPLR ?
XPLR will be a new version of the Force and Rival with a 10-44 cassette. Will ne a new gravel series from Sram. Zipp will also release some wheelset and bar under the XPLR branding.
This is the first time for me to hear this. It's a good thing, the only problem is that I am trying to buy the force Etap wide in order to finish the Aspero (I started buying only the frame and slowly I am finishing it up) and it seems that as soon as I buy it this new explr will come out.

gSporco

by gSporco

Small Update:

For shits I tried my Force AXS Medium Cage Derailleur (36T Max) with a Wolftooth Link Extender, Sram AXS Flattop chain and e13 9-46 Cassette yesterday. So far no issues to report, if anything the Flattop chain shifts quiter and a bit faster
@gSporco - Instagram
Specialized Aethos
State All Road 6061
Retired Cervelo Aspero

itapersita

by itapersita

gSporco wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 3:32 pm
Small Update:

For shits I tried my Force AXS Medium Cage Derailleur (36T Max) with a Wolftooth Link Extender, Sram AXS Flattop chain and e13 9-46 Cassette yesterday. So far no issues to report, if anything the Flattop chain shifts quiter and a bit faster
That's a good news, firstly because no one seems to have ever tried something like this and secondly because wolftooth says that the compatibility is only with shimano. :thumbup:

gSporco

by gSporco

itapersita wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 3:37 pm
gSporco wrote:
Small Update:

That's a good news, firstly because no one seems to have ever tried something like this and secondly because wolftooth says that the compatibility is only with shimano. :thumbup:
They just dont want to assume the responsibility is all.. But if you buy a Garbaruk Cage and range extension kit they provide an extension link similar to the Wolftooth.
@gSporco - Instagram
Specialized Aethos
State All Road 6061
Retired Cervelo Aspero

itapersita

by itapersita

gSporco wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 3:47 pm
itapersita wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 3:37 pm
gSporco wrote:
Small Update:

They just dont want to assume the responsibility is all.. But if you buy a Garbaruk Cage and range extension kit they provide an extension link similar to the Wolftooth.
Yes, you are right but the wolftooth option is cheaper. :beerchug:

gSporco

by gSporco

itapersita wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 5:22 pm

Yes, you are right but the wolftooth option is cheaper. :beerchug:
Just make sure you buy the RoadLink and "not" the Goatlink. Goatlink is only for Shimano
@gSporco - Instagram
Specialized Aethos
State All Road 6061
Retired Cervelo Aspero

Steve Curtis
Location: Hampshire UK, Dublin Ireland and Geneva Switzerland.

by Steve Curtis

If sram XPLR is a thing for 2021 then it will be just the stuff I need for a new build I'm thinking about.
I hope they can get it to market soon with a reasonable price given how mad the 2021 component market is right now.

gSporco

by gSporco

Steve Curtis wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 1:06 pm
If sram XPLR is a thing for 2021 then it will be just the stuff I need for a new build I'm thinking about.
I hope they can get it to market soon with a reasonable price given how mad the 2021 component market is right now.
Chain Reaction had the cassette on their site a week ago, with no picture or details, but then took it off in a day or so.. I would think this month or next month would be the official launch.. As for actually getting, thats another story :cry:
@gSporco - Instagram
Specialized Aethos
State All Road 6061
Retired Cervelo Aspero

Steve Curtis
Location: Hampshire UK, Dublin Ireland and Geneva Switzerland.

by Steve Curtis

gSporco wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 4:57 pm
Steve Curtis wrote:
Chain Reaction had the cassette on their site a week ago, with no picture or details, but then took it off in a day or so.. I would think this month or next month would be the official launch.. As for actually getting, thats another story :cry:
I hope so. I was just about ready to buy the ratio technology 12 speed conversion but this has me on the fence. I want electric shifting for this build but was willing to go without just to get the project underway.

gSporco

by gSporco

Steve Curtis wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 5:13 pm
gSporco wrote:
Steve Curtis wrote:
I hope so. I was just about ready to buy the ratio technology 12 speed conversion but this has me on the fence. I want electric shifting for this build but was willing to go without just to get the project underway.
Its frustrating in this market, trying to build something, when you know what you want, but nothing is available.. If you have something you can use now I would wait. There will be so many options in the next 6 months.. You can go a bit budget and get Rival AXS, with EXPLR 1x setup or go a bit fancier with Force or Red. But, we just dont know when we can get this stuff.. Just think, in 2 years from now when Covid cycling craze slows down, there will be a plethora of cheap slightly used bikes and parts to to build to our hearts content..
@gSporco - Instagram
Specialized Aethos
State All Road 6061
Retired Cervelo Aspero

andy4g63

by andy4g63

gSporco wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 5:54 pm
Steve Curtis wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 5:13 pm
gSporco wrote:
Steve Curtis wrote:
Its frustrating in this market, trying to build something, when you know what you want, but nothing is available.. If you have something you can use now I would wait. There will be so many options in the next 6 months.. You can go a bit budget and get Rival AXS, with EXPLR 1x setup or go a bit fancier with Force or Red. But, we just dont know when we can get this stuff.. Just think, in 2 years from now when Covid cycling craze slows down, there will be a plethora of cheap slightly used bikes and parts to to build to our hearts content..
Thanks to a guys like you and many others,
We have all this very useful information available.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com